One Point Perspective Name Drawings
This is a fun project for Art time.
- Fold a paper in half
- Unfold it – the crease represents your horizon line.
- Measure to the halfway point in the center and make an X which will represent your vanishing point.
- Use stencils to have students trace there names at the top of the paper keeping letters almost touching one another.
- Have them line their ruler up from the x to each side of each letter and make a line.
- Once all letters have two lines back to the x let them color them in.
- Step back, admire and praise.
You can have them cut these out or create book covers with them. You can also have them use their last name underneath the x. A fun way to spend art time.
Chime in. Have you tried this or another variation before? Have any tips? Don’t be shy – share in the comments below.