A Christmas By The Sea Book Review
A Faith Driven Seaside Christmas Story
A Christmas By The Sea is a book all about a broken family in desperate need of healing. Wendy and her son, Jackson, have been sinking in grief, loss, and financial disaster. It will take a little faith and a great big God-given miracle to lift them back up on their feet and set them soaring once again.
** This post also contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.**
What Is A Christmas By The Sea All About?
Wendy’s husband has passed away from cancer. Her twelve-year-old son Jackson is falling apart without him. The medical bills added to student loans have left Wendy in great financial peril. Then one day she finds out that her grandfather has left her his little cabin in Seaside, Maine. Wendy returns to do the necessary renovations and get it on the market as fast as possible. But Jackson is embraced by the beautiful little town. He seems to be healing and happy for the first time in a long time. How can Wendy make him leave this new life where he is thriving at last. But then again, how could she possibly stay?
Meet The Characters of A Christmas By The Sea – A Christmas Story
- Wendy, a mother and a widow who is desperately struggling to provide for herself and her son. She is living in Ohio and working in marketing when she finds out that the cabin by the sea in Maine where she spent her childhood summers is now hers.
- Jackson, a twelve-year-old boy who has lost his father, and is suffering at the hands of bullies at his school, suddenly finds himself with a brand new beginning. New friends, a new school, a new home, new opportunities, and even a new dog. But will it last?
- Caleb Colton, a local artist who creates beautiful furniture out of driftwood and other fruits of the sea. Caleb is known by the whole town as a permanent bachelor. But will Wendy be the one who changes everything for him?
What I Liked About A Christmas By The Sea
- Seaside, Maine! I grew up in Maine and I love the state! The setting is pure charm!
- I love a story that includes a brand new beginning. So much hope. So much fear. So much possibility.
- The relationship that Jackson and Wendy share is beautiful.
From the Book Jacket of A Christmas By The Sea
When Wendy Harper inherits her family’s beachside cottage in Seaside, Maine, she sees it as a way to finally pay off the debts that have mounted since her husband died. But before it can be sold, the neglected property must be renovated. She and her 12-year-old son Jackson move in–temporarily, she reminds him–in order to do the work themselves, even though Christmas is coming. The charming town, along with local craftsman Caleb Colton, pulls on both Wendy and Jackson, who even registers himself for school in a bid to get his mom to move them there permanently. Wendy knows that the most responsible thing to do is to sell the cottage and return to Ohio, but the lure of the sea is hard to resist.
About The Author of A Christmas By The Sea – Melody Carlson
Melody Carson is the award-winning author of over two hundred books with combined sales of more than six million. She is the author of many Christmas books, including the best selling The Christmas Bus, The Christmas Dog, Christmas at the Harrington’s, The Christmas Cat, and many more. She received a Romantic Times Career Achievement Award in the inspirational market for her many books, including Diary of a Teenage Girl series and Finding Alice. She and her husband live in central Oregon.
Share This Post
Thanks for visiting Geez, Gwen today! We are so glad you found us! We are not believers in coincidence so we are confident you are here for a reason! Perhaps we can offer you tasty recipes? Maybe our inspirational quotes are just what you need in your life! Perhaps you’ve been wondering where to take that family vacation? Maybe you want to know the truth about what us homeschoolers really do all day! Maybe you love photography and see it as an art, just like me! Whatever it is, it’s clearly Destiny at its finest! Don’t let this opening door of opportunity slam shut! Run through by subscribing to our newsletter 🙂