Welcome to Geez, Gwen!
Thank you for visiting Geez, Gwen! The purpose of this site is to inspire! We aim to encourage families to live their very best lives appreciating one another daily. We are full of ideas about how and where to spend more one on one time enjoying your family members and valuing your relationships.
From dinner to date night, we discuss all aspects of family life. We encourage side by side education and creation (we are super artsy) and we believe in expressing our love for those who mean the very most to us in as many ways as possible. We genuinely believe that is what life is really all about! Loving one another.
What Will You Find On Geez, Gwen!
Family Life – Everything from date nights to craft ideas for the kids, we share it all!
- 13 Fun Date Night At Home Ideas For Couples In Love
- Secrets To A Happy Married Life
- Teaching Your Child To Be Grateful
- Ten End of Summer Traditions You Can Start Now
- Fall Date Ideas
Homeschool Life– Everything From Lesson Plans and Curriculum To Field Trips
We also are a homeschooling family and we share that journey including fun projects, science experiments, and the field trips we enjoy the most.
- Why Homeschool Learning Is So Powerful
- Top Ten Reasons To Homeschool
- Deals and Discounts Every Homeschooling Family Should Know About
- 30 Popular YouTube Channels For Learning
- Five Things Every Homeschooling Mom Should Hear
We Are Foodies
We are also Foodies. We love to cook and we share our favorite recipes and review our favorite places to grab a bite.
- Simple Casserole Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners
- Falling For Pie – Five Fall Pies You’ll Love
- Best Crockpot or Instant Pot Recipes For Fall
- Salad For Supper – Five Salad Recipes You’ll Actually Enjoy
- Cookie Recipes From Around The World
Inspirational Quotes in Lists and Wall Art
I’m a quote junkie! I love a good inspiring quote and I share lists of my favorites. Lots of lists!
- Life Change Quotes and Sayings
- Top Ten Teacher Appreciation Quotes and Sayings
- Inspiring Bible Verses for Teens
- Famous Quotes To Inspire Your Students
- Top Twenty Inspirational Life Quotes To Encourage You
We love to travel. And we love to hike. We have cruised through the Caribbean, visited Hilton Head, Jamestown, Williamsburg, Gatlinburg, Outer Banks, Charleston, Morganton, Biltmore, Myrtle Beach, Virginia Beach, Roan Mountain, and much more and that’s just within the last year or so.
We are happy to share our adventures both near and far so if you are looking for great ideas for family vacations or fun field trips, we have you covered.
- Why Highlands North Carolina Makes The Perfect Vacation Getaway
- Sightseeing And Tourist Attractions In Charleston, SC
- Blowing Rock and Linville Falls Adventure
- Visit Cade’s Cove In The Great Smoky Mountains
- Anakeesta Mountain Park in Gatlinburg – Review
All Things Creative
I adore photography so Geez, Gwen is a place full of captured moments. I love the gift of photography because I see it as a way to capture the most beautiful moments in life.
I also love to write and I encourage everyone to let their heart spill out onto a page as often as possible. Check out some of our most popular writing prompts.
- Powerful Journal Prompts To Build Your Teens Self-Esteem
- I Love My Family Journal Prompts
- Ten Journal Prompts For When You Are Sad
- Ten Inspirational Summer Writing Prompts
- Fall Journal Prompts
I am Gwen and I am a Christian homeschool Mom, blogger, and amateur photographer. I love to learn, teach, travel, cook, write, paint, and have fun while I’m doing all of that.
We are nature lovers. We hike a lot.
We believe in serving our community and we are involved in many hands-on experiences.
My husband, Mr. Wonderful is the most amazing man ever. He is a Techie and works as a Senior Web Developer.
T is our teenage son and he is brilliant. Honestly, we are kind of in awe of how intelligent he is. It’s very cool. He also has ADHD but that doesn’t hold him back. We recognize ADHD as the gift of a talented multi-tasking brain that likes to run not walk through most of the day. Not a hindrance that has the power to hold him back and we have found lots of tools (music, exercise, deep breathing) to keep it from stealing his concentration.
T has his superhero brain and I have a lot of coffee. I love coffee. I need coffee. With espresso. Double shots preferably.
We Were Abeka’s First Homeschool Family Spotlight!
Check out our interview with Abeka where we discuss our homeschool journey in depth!
Listen in as I have a chance to be a guest on some amazing podcasts!
Listen in on our chat about Homeschooling An Only Child on the popular Podcast – Homeschool with Moxie.
Listen in to a call between me and my amazing blogging coach Bree from the Thrive Blogger Podcast to learn more about what goes on behind the scenes at Geez, Gwen!
Let’s Be Friends
I am so glad you found your way here. Whether you are another homeschool Momma, a Shutterbug, a Foodie, a Travel Lover, a Coffee Lover, or Just Another Soul Like Me, I’m happy to meet you! Let’s connect!
- You can find me on Instagram here.
- I’m also on Facebook.
- I tweet! Here is my Twitter page.
- Or you can always email me at email@example.com
- Sign Up For Our Monthly Newsletter!
Let’s Be Partners
If you represent a brand that you believe my readers would adore, I am open to collaboration. Email me the details (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we can talk. Or check out my Contact Me Page for more information.