This collection of Advent Calendar Activity Ideas will help you make the most of your Christmas countdown. Divided into three sections of Advent calendar activity ideas, we will cover Family Activities for Advent, Advent Craft Ideas, and Acts of Kindness for Advent. I also have a Family Christmas Activity Planner which includes a collection of advent cards and a printable planning kit that includes checklists of these activities as well as a Christmas Countdown calendar and a blank calendar for you to plan which activities you would like to do and when.
So, let’s get planning because it’s almost that time of year. The time tends to fly by if we aren’t ready to grab the moments and make something of them. This year for Christmas let’s give kindness and create memories with our families that will last. Here are our favorite Advent calendar activity ideas
** This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.**
Family Advent Activities
- Go for a drive and look at the Christmas lights and displays.
- Decorate the tree.
- Decorate a gingerbread house.
- Decorate your front porch for Christmas.
- Visit a Nativity.
- Bake Christmas cookies together.
- Make snowman pancakes.
- Attend a Christmas Symphony.
- Share a memory from Christmas’s past.
- Go ice skating.
- Write out Christmas cards.
- Wrap presents.
- Family Movie Night.
- Hang up the mistletoe.
- Make Grinch Popcorn and watch the movie.
- Make hot cocoa and watch The Polar Express.
- Play a game of Christmas Pictionary.
- Hang up your Christmas Stocking
- Go to see The Nutcracker Ballet.
- Read a Christmas storybook.
- Go to your town tree lighting.
- Write a letter to Santa.
- Visit Santa.
- Hide the Christmas Pickle.
- Attend a Candlelight Service.
- Open your Christmas Eve Gift Box.
Advent Craft Ideas
- Make a star-shaped Christmas tree decoration.
- Draw a nativity scene
- Make paper crowns (wise men).
- Make a paper angel ornament.
- Make a Christmas paper garland.
- Make paper snowflakes.
- Make a sock snowman.
- Make a tea light snowman ornament.
- Make a candy cane Rudolph.
- Make a candy cane wreath.
- Make birdseed ornaments.
- Paint pinecones.
- Create your own gift tags.
- Make a pomander.
- Make salt dough ornaments.
Advent Acts of Kindness
- Shop for a gift for The Angel Tree.
- Decorate a mini tree and donate it to a person in the hospital or in a nursing home.
- Make cookies for a neighbor or friend.
- Pack a shoebox for Operation Christmas Child.
- Bring treats to your local animal shelter.
- String popcorn and cranberries and drape on trees for your birds.
- Write a letter to a soldier posted overseas.
- Find a Salvation Army Bell Ringer and donate.
- Make a Delivery Person Thank You Basket!
- Write a Christmas poem and send it to a relative.
However you celebrate Advent this year and whichever Advent calendar activities you choose, I hope they bring you joy and pull you ever closer to the true meaning of the season!
If you are looking to get things organized check out this Family Christmas Activity Planner which gets your Advent Calendar Activity Ideas selected and onto an advent calendar. This also includes cards for putting inside your DIY advent calendar. Check it out right here.
Christmas Bible Study for Kids – Study From Luke$5.99
Christmas Countdown Family Activity Planner$9.99
My Christmas To-Do List – Printable Check List for Kids$0.99
My Christmas Kindness Ideas – Printable Checklist for Kids$0.99
Christmas Thank You Note For Delivery Drivers$1.99
Christmas Pictionary Printable Game$0.99
- Thirty Fun Educational Games You’ll Love!
- Educational Websites Perfect for Homeschool Learning
- Shark Week Party Planning
- Crazy Awesome Prime Day Deals for Your Homeschool
- How To Teach Good Manners To Your Kids
Thanks for visiting Geez, Gwen today! We are so glad you found us! We are not believers in coincidence so we are confident you are here for a reason! We are a family-focused blog so we have a lot of inspiration and encouragement for you and your loved ones. Perhaps we can offer you some simple yet tasty recipes to make your weeknights easier? Perhaps you’ve wondered how to bring your family closer together or strengthen your marriage? Maybe you’re looking for fun family activities you can enjoy together. Perhaps it’s been too long since your last date night and you need inspiration. Maybe you just want to know the truth about what we homeschoolers really do all day! Whatever it is, it’s clearly Destiny at its finest! Don’t let this opening door of opportunity slam shut! Run through by subscribing to our newsletter?
Some posts on this blog contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission whenever a product is purchased through these links. Occasionally I receive products in exchange for a review or giveaway post. The owner of this website, is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking http://geezgwen.com to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com. However, all opinions expressed on Geez Gwen are solely my own, and I only suggest products or services that I believe will be helpful to my readers.