Blueberry Mango Fruit Salad Recipe
The Best Fruit Salad Recipe We Have Found
We love fruit salad and so we try a lot of fruit salad recipes. I try to include at least one serving of fruit at supper every night so you can imagine how many versions we have made. Out of every fruit salad recipe, T and I love this one the best. Blueberry Mango Fruit Salad is out of this world! Tossed in a lime dressing and made interesting by the addition of candied ginger, this one can’t be beaten. Find out for yourself.
** This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.**
Our recipe is a modification of the Blueberry Mango Ginger Fruit Salad on Epicurious.com
Ingredients for Blueberry Mango Fruit Salad
- 2 limes
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 large mangoes (2 1/2 lb total), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cups blueberries (3/4 oz)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp finely chopped crystallized ginger
Directions To Prepare Blueberry Mango Fruit Salad
- Wash blueberries thoroughly and remove any stems.
- Peel the mango and cut into bite-size pieces. (If you are not sure how to peel and cut a mango – here is a useful video from Clean and Delicious.
- Place fruit in a bowl and stir gently.
How To Prepare Lime Dressing For Blueberry Mango Salad
- Remove zest from 1 lime
- Squeeze all juice from limes.
- Bring lime zest, water, and sugar to a boil in a small saucepan. Stir until sugar is dissolved and then boil, uncovered, for about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in lime juice.
- Let syrup stand 20 minutes, then remove zest with a slotted spoon and discard.
- Toss dressing in with mangoes, blueberries, and then sprinkle with ginger.
Be prepared to have the recipe handy because every time I bring this to an event I get asked for it 🙂
If you like this recipe we know you will love our Strawberry Lemonade Recipe too!
Thanks for visiting Geez, Gwen today! We are so glad you found us! We are not believers in coincidence so we are confident you are here for a reason! Perhaps we can offer you tasty recipes? Maybe our inspirational quotes are just what you need in your life! Perhaps you’ve been wondering where to take that family vacation? Maybe you want to know the truth about what we homeschoolers really do all day! Maybe you love photography and see it as an art, just like me! Whatever it is, it’s clearly Destiny at its finest! Don’t let this opening door of opportunity slam shut! Run through by subscribing to our newsletter?
Recent Posts from Geez, Gwen!
- 10 of The Best Patriotic Decorations
- 40 Boredom Busting Summer Ideas and Activities for Families
- How To Celebrate the Last Day of School
- Ten Summer Snacks Your Kids Can Make Themselves
- Grilling Ideas for Summer Gatherings
Some posts on this blog contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission whenever a product is purchased through these links. Occasionally I receive products in exchange for a review or giveaway post. The owner of this website, is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking http://geezgwen.com to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com. However, all opinions expressed on Geez Gwen are solely my own, and I only suggest products or services that I believe will be helpful to my readers.