Brainy Kit Ancient Civilizations Review
We Reviewed Brainy Kit and We Are Fans!
It seems as though the internet is flooded with subscription clubs. A lot of them look amazing and I have wanted to try several but I have questions! Will they actually save me significant time planning lessons? Will my son enjoy the content? Will it contain quality educational material? As a homeschool Mom, I have already invested a lot in my curriculum and I wonder if these kits are a justifiable expense? So, when I was offered the opportunity to review the Brainy Kit Ancient Civilizations I was anxious to check it out and get some answers. I did receive this kit at no cost in exchange for my honest review.
Let me begin by giving you a little information on the company itself.
Our Ancient Civilizations Kit contained the following:
- Professor Noggin’s Ancient Civilizations Card Game
- DK Eyewitness Books – Ancient Civilizations
- Amber Fossil Excavation Kit
- Lesson Plan Book Covering 7 Complete Lessons
- 6 Ancient Technology Charts
- Ancient Civilizations Location Chart and Blank Copy for Student
- Civilizations Timeline and Blank Copy for Student
- 36 Technology Cards
- Slips with civilizations, date ranges, and locations for use with Student Charts
What We Learned:
- We learned the names of the Ancient Civilizations
- The time frames each civilization existed in.
- Where each ancient civilization was located.
- What each ancient civilization contributed to both their world and our modern world.
- We learned about archaeology and the tools used.
- And much, much more…
The Civilizations We Studies Were:
- Ancient Rome
- Ancient Egypt
- Ancient Greece
- Ancient China
- Ancient Mesopotamia
Honestly, this was an incredibly informative group of Lesson Plans. We learned so much and it was fun learning it. T really enjoyed excavating the chunk of amber from his Fossil Excavation Kit! We also made a Sundial and a compass during these studies! The Ancient Civilizations book is beautiful and contains tons of valuable information as well beautiful images. I have caught T studying it several times outside of school hours. We both enjoyed the Ancient Civilizations Card Game and continue to include it in our Friday Funday Game Time. We can handle the hard questions now.
The Lesson Plans are easy to follow and execute. Each Lesson Plan includes a list of materials needed, a description of the purpose of the lesson, a vocabulary list and a detailed list of Activities to follow. It was just so easy to teach!
So, I have to say I think we have something wonderful here! I do believe Brainy Kits are a great curriculum option! I am so glad to have had this chance to teach and review this lesson! They are definitely quality material which we enjoyed and I felt good about spending our time on. We both learned a lot and we had a blast. You can’t ask for more than that!
Brainy Kits come in many areas of study. You can learn about outer space, prehistoric life, weather, transportation, under the sea, anatomy, art, or botany. And there are more! Check them out by visiting them here.
You will be glad you did!
Thank you for visiting us here at Geez, Gwen! We invite you to sign up for our monthly newsletter for more family-friendly posts! Also, please feel free to share your thoughts or suggestions in our comments section below! We love to hear from you!
Wishing you blessings!