National Parks Week – Celebrating Our Parks
National Parks Week is here! We love all of our National, State, and Local Parks and we frequent them. T and I love nature and can’t get enough. To celebrate National Parks Weeks I thought I would pull together some of the posts from our favorite parks and natural spaces that you can visit on a day trip from the Tri-Cities. These are not all National Parks but all are amazing! For the record, I have made a list and we will be visiting plenty of our National Parks once this Safer At Home thing ends. I can not wait…
** This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.**
“The mountains are calling and I must go.”– John Muir
Our Favorite Places To Witness Raw Nature
These locations are ones close to us that we visit frequently. If you are a local to get a chance to visit East Tennessee we recommend these destinations!
- Hike Laurel Falls in Hampton Tennessee Just Off The Appalachian Trail
- The Blowing Rock and Linville Falls Adventure on The Blue Ridge Parkway
- Visit Cade’s Cove In The Smoky Mountains National Park
- Backbone Rock Tunnel in Shady Valley
- Best Family Hiking Trip In East Tennessee – Carver’s Gap
- Visit Chimney Rock State Park For Beautiful Views
- Anakeesta Mountain Park in Gatlinburg
- Hike Rock Creek Falls in Unaka Mountain Wilderness
- Bay’s Mountain State Park – Lakeside Trail Review
- Visit Winged Deer Park (Our Favorite Local Park)
- Visit Sliding Rock In Pisgah National Forest
- Reasons To Visit Watauga Lake and The Cherokee National Forest
- Highlands, North Carolina – The Land of Waterfalls
Take A Virtual Tour Now
Why not take a virtual tour of a park? T and I have learned so much about the top parks in America by doing these virtual tours. Check them out here!
Our List of National Parks To Visit This Summer:
- Andrew Johnson National Historic Site
- Appalachian National Scenic Trail
- Cumberland Gap
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- Manhattan Project National Historical Park
Do you have a favorite National Park that you want to share with us? Tell us all about it in the comments section below. We love to hear from you.
Be well, stay safe, and love one another,
Thanks for visiting Geez, Gwen today! We are so glad you found us! We are not believers in coincidence so we are confident you are here for a reason! Perhaps we can offer you tasty recipes? Maybe our inspirational quotes are just what you need in your life! Perhaps you’ve been wondering where to take that family vacation? Maybe you want to know the truth about what us homeschoolers really do all day! Maybe you love photography and see it as an art, just like me! Whatever it is, it’s clearly Destiny at its finest! Don’t let this opening door of opportunity slam shut! Run through by subscribing to our newsletter
Recent Posts from Geez, Gwen!
- Unique and Meaningful Mothers Day Gift Ideas
- Creative Earth Day Crafts and Projects For Students of All Ages
- Teaching Poetry -How To Celebrate National Poetry Month
- Educational Trips To Keep Your Family Learning All Year Long
- The Spring Edition of Homeschool Life Magazine Is Out
Some posts on this blog contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission whenever a product is purchased through these links. Occasionally I receive products in exchange for a review or giveaway post. The owner of this website, is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking http://geezgwen.com to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com. However, all opinions expressed on Geez Gwen are solely my own, and I only suggest products or services that I believe will be helpful to my readers.
Other Posts You Will Enjoy
My favorite Earth Day Art Project we have made so far is this adorable butterfly art garland we created from a stack of old magazines. I want to eventually make them in smaller sizes so I can have one hanging from the mirror in my car and I also think some tiny ones would make adorable magnets. For now, though, I have created this butterfly garland for our homeschool room which goes with our theme of conservation and ecology. They look right at home in there. Read More…