Chocolate Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe
Delicious Chocolate Cinnamon Cookies
My husband isn’t a fan of pies, or cakes, or puddings, or even pretty chocolate truffles. I am a fan of all of the above. He has only one solitary weakness to sweets, and that is cookies. So he was all about me starting this series of posts sharing my favorite cookie recipes. All together I will present to you five fabulous cookie recipes perfect for Christmas gifting. The very first one I will share is one of his very favorite, The Chocolate Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe!
[su_note note_color=”#f8f8b2″]** This post also contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.** [/su_note]
This chewy, delicious cookie combines the flavors of chocolate and cinnamon perfectly. These are always amazing. And they are not hard to make.
What You Will Need To Make Chocolate Snickerdoodle Cookies
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (I prefer Ghiradelli Premium Baking Cocoa)
- 1 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
*I have added 1/4 cup of mini chocolate chips to this recipe and they were exceptional. Completely optional.*
Coating Mixture for Chocolate Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
How To Make Chocolate Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Cream butter and vanilla with mixer.
- Add sugars and beat until light.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- In a separate bowl, stir flour, cocoa powder, cream of tartar, baking soda, ground cinnamon, and salt.
- Gently and gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating on low.
- Refrigerate dough for at least thirty minutes.
- Combine ingredients for coating mixture in a small bowl.
- Once the dough has chilled, roll into one inch balls.
- Roll in coating mixture and place on parchment lined cookie sheet about two inches apart.
- Place pans back into the refrigerator for thirty minutes more.
- Preheat your oven to 350 F
- Remove from refrigerator and bake for eight minutes.
- Allow a few minutes to cool and then transfer to cooling racks.
- Enjoy and Share 🙂
Share This Recipe
Thanks for visiting Geez, Gwen today! We are so glad you found us! We are not believers in coincidence so we are confident you are here for a reason! Perhaps we can offer you tasty recipes? Maybe our inspirational quotes are just what you need in your life! Perhaps you’ve been wondering where to take that family vacation? Maybe you want to know the truth about what us homeschoolers really do all day! Maybe you love photography and see it as an art, just like me! Whatever it is, it’s clearly Destiny at its finest! Don’t let this opening door of opportunity slam shut! Run through by subscribing to our newsletter ?