Christmas Gift Guide Gifts that give back…
For Gifts that Keep On Giving
“It’s not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.”
― Mother Teresa
I have a confession… I love presents! I don’t just enjoy and appreciate them like most responsible adults but instead, I absolutely adore them. It doesn’t matter if it’s a candy bar or a diamond, I deeply love each and every one. I don’t know why I didn’t outgrow this.
** This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.**
Perhaps it’s because I was born two days before Christmas. I came home to my family for the very first time on a snowy Christmas day in an actual Christmas stocking. Maybe that does something psychologically to a newborn.
Perhaps being surrounded by that kind of Christmas Spirit from the very start has left me hopeless to overcome it. No matter how many Christmas’ past, I find myself filled again and again with that child-like joy I’ve always known. It refuses to fade.
On the flip side, I love to give too! I want nothing more than to see the glimmer in the eye of the receiver when I have managed to give them that feeling. That magic of Christmas, wish come true, pure excitement. So, how perfect that I have an opportunity to create a Gift Guide for you! This list is a collection of gifts that give back. I see these as multi-taskers, out there giving long after the actual parcel has been delivered.
It is more blessed to give than to receive.Acts 20:35
Gifts That Give Back
1. Krochet Kids – Knitting their way out of poverty, and delivering adorable hats. I urge you to go to the site, read their story, learn about the impact this company has accomplished, and order yourself something cozy and adorable. (They also have bags, apparel, scarves, and some other things but I simply adore the hats.) My favorite, The Becks! At this time most are starting at $24.00 and my favorites are between $25.00 and $30.00.
Denim tote bag of Anne of Green Gables featuring Puffin in Bloom cover art by Anna Bond, the creative director and co-founder of Rifle Paper Co. Each purchase helps to fund literacy programs and book donations to communities in need.
2. Out of Print – As a committed book nerd, I simply had to include Out of Print! I love their t-shirts, especially this one! And their tote bags are adorable too! I have this Blueberries for Sal tote! But all the incredible products aside, this group is on a mission too – Out of Print has donated over 3 million books to communities in need and supported a variety of literacy initiatives. With every purchase, you help to make a difference, while also supporting the authors, publishers, and artists who helped bring these iconic works to life.
3. tenthousandvillages.com – Artists from all over the world are providing gifts galore through Ten Thousand Villages. The mission: “Empowering women. Building relationships. Preserving cultural arts. Sustaining livelihoods. Showing dignity.” We can all feel good about getting behind them and giving the pieces they offer. Simply stunning blown glass, jewelry, games, furniture, soap, and just about everything in between. Check them out now. You’ll be so glad you did. Personally, I want this bathrobe!
4. Hand In Hand Sustainable Suds – Sustainable, vegan & palm oil free essentials for a clean life + a clean conscience. This company is amazing! For every bar you purchase they give a bar and clean water to a child.
5. unicefusa.org – OK I love this one because you can get just about everything from them but my favorite is the Unicef Christmas Cards. My very favorites are these Nativity Cards and part of the proceeds go to help UNICEF save and protect children. I also adore this Cozy Animal Ornaments and these Alpaca Mittens.
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”― Charles Dickens
6. Yoobi – For every Yoobi item purchased, they will donate a school supply item to a child in need right here in the U.S. Whether you are looking for a notebook or a planner, art supplies, or writing tools, you can find it at Yoobi. For my friends and family, I’d love to have these Unicorn Handle Paintbrushes! (Just in case you were wondering.)
Winner of the Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Platinum Award 2017 Give a gift that gives back! The Grace doll is a soft, huggable doll that comes with tokens for children to give as a random act of kindness. This gift funds education… a portion from each sale benefits childhood education. “Hello friend!
7. The Grace Doll from Kind Culture Company – The Grace doll is a soft, huggable doll that comes with tokens for children to give as a random act of kindness. This gift funds education… a portion from each sale benefits childhood education.
For over 20 years, Thistle Farms has lit a pathway of healing and hope for women survivors of trafficking, prostitution, and addiction.
8. Thistle Farms: Offering candles, essential oils, body washes and more wonderful gift ideas, purchasing from Thistle Farms helps provide housing, case management, healthcare, counseling, education, and employment for two years – free of charge for survivors of trafficking, prostitution, and addiction.
Their homes operate on a holistic model with no authority living in the house. Each one represents a community built on trust and love. Love Heals. Five years after graduation, 75% of their graduates are living healthy, financially independent lives.
9. Lifestraw: We’ve all heard of Lifestraw! Their incredible filter cleans water at a level its hard to comprehend. They protect against 99.999999% of bacteria (including E.coli, Salmonella), 99.999% of parasites (including Giardia and Cryptosporidium), 99.999% of microplastics, chlorine, organic chemical matter, dirt, and cloudiness; plus improve the taste. You can buy water bottles or pitchers from them. This is an excellent product for every hiker, everyone who takes time for emergency preparedness, and the campers in your family!
But they also have a Give Back program that involves more than just dropping off water filters. For this gift that gives back, volunteers, and a dedicated LifeStraw team are at crucial sites around the world, as the program ensures sustainability through comprehensive planning, training, education, and quarterly follow-up visits for a period of 5 years.
10. Bears for Humanity – Ok, so for starters they are organic, hand stuffed, and Fair Trade Certified. Second, they are ADORABLE! And finally, for each purchase, they donate a bear to a child in need!
Do you know of a group that offers an amazing Christmas gift that gives back? Something that offers a ripple effect, spreading love and goodness far past the holiday festivities. Something that really encompasses the true meaning of Christmas? If so, please share it in the comments section below. We love to hear from you!
- How To Wrap Up Your Homeschool Year
- 10 of The Best Patriotic Decorations
- 40 Boredom Busting Summer Ideas and Activities for Families
- How To Celebrate the Last Day of School
- Ten Summer Snacks Your Kids Can Make Themselves
Thanks for visiting Geez, Gwen today! We are so glad you found us! We are not believers in coincidence so we are confident you are here for a reason! Perhaps we can offer you tasty recipes? Maybe our inspirational quotes are just what you need in your life! Perhaps you’ve been wondering where to take that family vacation? Maybe you want to know the truth about what us homeschoolers really do all day! Maybe you love photography and see it as an art, just like me! Whatever it is, it’s clearly Destiny at its finest! Don’t let this opening door of opportunity slam shut! Run through by subscribing to our newsletter.
Some posts on this blog contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission whenever a product is purchased through these links. Occasionally I receive products in exchange for a review or giveaway post. The owner of this website, is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking http://geezgwen.com to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com. However, all opinions expressed on Geez Gwen are solely my own, and I only suggest products or services that I believe will be helpful to my readers.