Simple Ways to Share Christmas Kindness
The easiest and longest lasting gift you can present is a kindness. People always remember kindness. It lifts them up in a way nothing else can. Christmas-Time is all about lifting each other up with love. It is about giving with grace and putting others ahead of ourselves. It’s about celebrating our blessings. It is about shining light into all the dark places we can reach. It is about sharing joy. It is beautiful. If ever there was a season for Kindness, then we are in it now.
** This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.**
Webster provides these telling synonyms for Kindness:
Synonyms: benevolence, boon, courtesy, grace, indulgence, favor, mercy, service, turn
How Do We Share Christmas Kindness?
The holding of a door, an easy smile for a stranger, a kind word… No gesture is too small.
A List Of Christmas Kindness Ideas
- Clear your bookshelves and donate what won’t be missed to your local public library or children’s hospital.
- Thank your local fire department with cookies and milk. This time of year they work especially hard, risking their lives for the people of our communities. It’s nice to let them know we appreciate all they do.
- Give away old toys. It never fails that a few of T’s gifts never get opened and others experience very little playtime. These can and should be donated. T and I always donate ours to the local Coalition for Kids but you can also offer to give them away on Craigslist or drop them in a donation box at your local Walmart.
- Leave $1 bills around the toy department in the Dollar Tree.
- Leave treats for your Postal Carrier, UPS and Fed Ex Drivers. They get so much chocolate that we usually give bags of beef jerky. Last year we left out a big basket full of drinks and packaged treats so they could pick what they wanted. Just a small gesture but it always makes them smile.
For your inspiration….
My Favorite Videos of Christmas Kindness:
A little gift means a lot!
The gift of song…
More Ideas On How To Spread Kindness
There are so many ways to spread Christmas Kindness. Check out this Gift Guide Post on Gifts That Give Back or more ideas on this post, Teaching Kindness. Or see how we celebrated World Kindness Day last month.
My Christmas wish for you… that you may receive countless acts of Christmas Kindness and endless options to pay it forward all year-long. Be blessed.
- Five Thanksgiving Traditions That Bring Families Together
- Fun and Tasty Themed Halloween Treats and Snacks
- Educational Trips To Keep Your Family Learning All Year Long
- Really Cute Halloween Costumes You Can Get Fast
- Fall Crockpot Recipes – Easy Slow Cooker Meals
This post is part of the 12 Days of Blogmas. I have joined with a bunch of amazing bloggers and you check them out by visiting one of the hosts.
Julie from www.girlonthemove.com or visit Joanna at www.motherhoodandmerlot.com
Thanks for visiting Geez, Gwen today! We are so glad you found us! We are not believers in coincidence so we are confident you are here for a reason! Perhaps we can offer you tasty recipes? Maybe our inspirational quotes are just what you need in your life! Perhaps you’ve been wondering where to take that family vacation? Maybe you want to know the truth about what us homeschoolers really do all day! Maybe you love photography and see it as an art, just like me! Whatever it is, it’s clearly Destiny at its finest! Don’t let this opening door of opportunity slam shut! Run through by subscribing to our newsletter?
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Some posts on this blog contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission whenever a product is purchased through these links. Occasionally I receive products in exchange for a review or giveaway post. The owner of this website, is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking http://geezgwen.com to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com. However, all opinions expressed on Geez Gwen are solely my own, and I only suggest products or services that I believe will be helpful to my readers.