Beautiful fall-themed books and their educational companion guides make up the all-new Fall Book Club from For The Love of Homeschooling!
Do you know what’s awesome about fall? Well, pretty much everything. The hikes, the colors, the flavors, the temperature, that particular blue of a fall sky… Nights around a fire pit, days at the apple orchard plucking fruit from heavy boughs. Pumpkin patches and baked goods… I could go on forever and I bet you could too.
** This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.**
For the sake of this post let’s narrow in on fall-themed storytime. You can fix a little nook in your home for storytime and fill it with warm throws, cozy pillows, and fragrantly spiced potpourri. When present, I encourage a dancing candle and mugs of warm tea or hot cocoa. Perhaps some twinkle lights. Gather your kids and fall into a story together. On warmer days take it outside and breathe in the autumn air. But read together. Always read together.
A great place to start is with this list of amazing Fall Children’s Books put together by Samantha at For The Love of Homeschooling. Each title has been assigned to a creator who has put together a companion study that goes along with the book and will get your kids writing, reading, counting, hiking, crafting, and cooking with fall-themed resources galore.
Fall Children’s Book List
Each book in this list has a companion item in the Fall Book Club!
- Apples & Pumpkins by Anne Rockwell; illustrated by Lizzy Rockwell
- Autumn Gerda Muller
- Autumn is for Apple Pie by Wendy Dunham; illustrated by Michal Sparks
- Apple Picking Day! By Candice Ransom; illustrated by Erika Meza
- Autumn Story (Brambly Hedge) by Jill Barklem
- Biscuit visits the pumpkin patch by Alyssa Satin Capucilli; illustrated by Pat Schories
- Countdown to Fall by Fran Hawk; illustrated by Sherry Neidigh
- Goodbye Summer, Hello Autumn by Kenard Pak
- Fall Leaves Fall by Zoe Hall; illustrated by Shari Halpern
- Hello Harvest Moon by Ralph Fletcher; illustrated by Kate Kiesler
- Hello Fall by Deborah Diesen; illustrated by Lucy Fleming
- Hiking Day by Anne Rockwell; illustrated by Lizzy Rockwell
- How to make an apple pie and see the world by Marjorie Priceman
- Leaf Man by Lois Ehlert
- Little Acorn by Igloo books
- My side of the Mountain by Jean Craighead George (Chapter Book)
- Ox-Cart Man by Donald Hall; illustrated by Barbara Cooney
- Salmon Forest by David Suzuki; illustrated by Sheena Lott
- Sweep by Louise Greig; illustrated by Julia Sarda
- The Busy Little Squirrel by Nancy Tafuri
- Little Bear by Elsa Holmelund Minarak; illustrated by Maurice Sendak
- Pumpkin Town by Katie Mcky; illustrated by Pablo Bernasconi
- The Scarecrow by Beth Ferry; illustrated by Eric Fan & Terry Fan
- Too Many Pumpkins by Linda White; illustrated by Meghan Lloyd
- We Gather Together by Wendy Pfeffer; illustrated by Linda Bleck
- We’re Going on a Leaf Hunt by Steve Metzger; illustrated by Miki Sakamoto
- Yellow Time by Lauren Stringer
My Submission for The Fall Children’s Book Club – Companion for Hello, Harvest Moon by Ralph Fletcher!
"A visual and linguistic pleasure." —Publishers Weekly While tired farmers and their families are in bed, the harvest moon silently climbs into the sky and starts working its magic. For some, it is the nightly signal to rise and shine. It is time to hunt, to work, or to play in the shadows. For a little girl and her cat, it is an invitation to enjoy the wonders of the night and a last flood of light before the short days of winter set in. With an evocative text and radiant illustrations, this companion to Twilight Comes Twice offers a glimpse of nature’s nightlife long after bedtime.
Harvest Moon Companion Includes The Following:
- Harvest Crops Page
- Fall Quote for Framing
- 18 Beautiful Fall Leaf Identification Cards
- 18 Unlabeled Fall Leaf Identification Cards
- Fall Scavenger Hunt
- Luna Moth Informational Page
- Life Cycle of the Luna Moth Page
- Life Cycle Worksheet (coloring and cut and paste)
- Luna Moth and Fall Leaves Coloring Page
This Book Club is a unique, interactive, and child-led reading program that features over 25 book-inspired learning packs, beautifully created by some of our favorite curriculum writers and resource creators to accompany over 25 favorite Fall books!
Along with these 25+ book-inspired learning packs, you will also receive our Fall Book Club guide that includes Diy bookmarks, reading tracking charts, and 6 brand new CUSTOM fall units loaded with recipes, outdoor activities, art projects, and connections for literature, history, geography, science, and more! This ebook also includes one bonus unit exclusively designed for children ages 12+!
For only $25 from now through September 13th you can purchase this incredible collection of book-inspired guides! Our Fall Book Club is truly unique and we hope that it will be a fun way for you and your family to continue reading and learning over the summer months!
Don’t miss your chance to make this a Fall Season of Reading for your family for one incredibly low price! Head here to purchase!
Peek Inside The Book-Inspired Packets
More Fall Posts Just For You
- Fall Brown Bag Tree Craft
- Fall Date Ideas
- Twenty Fall Activities Your Family Will Love
- Fall Crockpot Recipes – Easy Slow Cooker Meals
- Crunchy, Golden, Spiced, Or Sweet – Ten Fall Desserts
- Falling For Pie – Five Fall Pies You’ll Love
- Fall Pressed Leaf Painting Prints
- Perfectly Unique Fall Porch Decorating Ideas You’ll Love
- Ballerina Leaf Craft – Fall Crafts for Kids
- Fall Crafts For Kids Of Every Age To Create
Thanks for visiting Geez, Gwen today! We are so glad you found us! We are not believers in coincidence so we are confident you are here for a reason! We are a family-focused blog so we have a lot of inspiration and encouragement for you and your loved ones. Perhaps we can offer you some simple yet tasty recipes to make your weeknights easier. Perhaps you’ve wondered how to bring your family closer together or strengthen your marriage. Maybe you’re looking for fun family activities you can enjoy together. Perhaps it’s been too long since your last date night and you need inspiration. Maybe you just want to know the truth about what we homeschoolers really do all day! Whatever it is, it’s clearly Destiny at its finest! Don’t let this opening door of opportunity slam shut! Run through by subscribing to our newsletter.
Some posts on this blog contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission whenever a product is purchased through these links. Occasionally I receive products in exchange for a review or giveaway post. The owner of this website, is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking http://geezgwen.com to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com. However, all opinions expressed on Geez Gwen are solely my own, and I only suggest products or services that I believe will be helpful to my readers.
Free Scripture Cards for Kids$0.00
30 Days of Gratitude Writing Prompt Checklist for Kids$0.00
Counting Blessings Gratitude Activity for Kids$5.99
Fall Counting Pack$0.00
The Kindness Matters To Me Packet$12.99
Student Field Trip Journal$3.99
Homeschool Field Trip Planner$11.99
Hello Harvest Moon Book Companion$6.99
Fall Date Jar Labels and Slips$3.99
This collection of Black Friday Sales is pulled together for those who are family minded and especially for homeschooling families.
Find out how to get your family started with a daily gratitude practice. Gratitude journaling is a simple and meaningful way to help everyone focus on their blessings. Thirty gratitude journaling prompts included.
These Sheet Music Christmas Tree Ornaments are extremely simple to make and extra cute. This is a great winter craft activity for students!