Writing Prompts For Adults and Kids
I love my family because…
This collection of writing prompts is designed to help us express gratitude and enjoy moments of appreciation for our families. It is designed to encourage us to ask questions of ourselves and our family members that help recognize how connected we are and how much we enrich the lives of one another and instill a sense of purpose. I hope you enjoy this series of family journal prompts.
** This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.**
I Love My Family Journal Prompts
- Finish this thought – I love my family because…
- Do you or a family member resemble a particular ancestor? If so, tell all. If not, tell something interesting about an ancestor you have heard about.
- Describe a favorite family holiday memory. Where did it take place? Who was there? What made it special?
- Are you more like your Mom or your Dad? Maybe you most reflect a grandparent or an aunt or uncle. Tell about a family member that you have a lot in common with or physically resemble.
- Tell all about a memorable family trip. It could be to the movie theater, the mall, the lake, or another continent. Any trip will do. Who was there? Where were you? What made it memorable?
- Does your family have any special traditions? Tell about one family tradition that you enjoy.
- Where does your family come from? Tell about the places that formed your family tree. Have you ever visited these places? Would you like to?
- Write a letter to your great, great, great, great grandmother and tell her all about your family. What makes you all unique? What could you share that would make her smile? What do you think would make her proud?
- Who is the oldest living member of your family? Interview them about the changes they have seen in the world and in the family.
- Tell about a family member who inspired you or supported you in a big way. Is there someone in your family that you are doing the same for? Tell all about that too.
Fun Journal Prompts for Kids – All About Family
- Finish this thought – I love my family because…
- My mom and dad work as … My grandparents worked as… When I grow up I want to work as…
- My most memorable birthday was…
- The family member I am the most like is…
- The family member I am the least like is…
- My favorite family tradition is…
- The best gift I ever received from a family member was…
- The best gift I ever gave a family member was…
- My favorite subject in school is… My mom’s and dad’s favorite subjects in school were… My grandparent’s favorite subjects in school were…
- Someone in my family who is very special to me is…
- Our family values are…
Other Journal Prompts for You
- Ten Summer-Themed Writing Prompts
- Fall Journal Prompts
- Ten Journal Prompts For When You Are Sad
- 30 Days of Gratitude List – Challenge Prompts Printable
Teaching Your Kids Gratitude Bundle$5.99
Winter Themed Story Starter Cards – Printable Writing Prompts$0.99
Twenty Five Fall Writing Prompts$1.99
Ten Inspirational Summer Writing Prompts$0.00
30 Days of Gratitude List – Challenge Prompts Printable$0.99
Roll A Story – Writing Prompt Dice Game – Fall Theme$0.00
- Thirty Fun Educational Games You’ll Love!
- Educational Websites Perfect for Homeschool Learning
- Shark Week Party Planning
- Crazy Awesome Prime Day Deals for Your Homeschool
- How To Teach Good Manners To Your Kids
Thanks for visiting Geez, Gwen today! We are so glad you found us! We are not believers in coincidence so we are confident you are here for a reason! We are a family-focused blog so we have a lot of inspiration and encouragement for you and your loved ones. Perhaps we can offer you some simple yet tasty recipes to make your weeknights easier? Perhaps you’ve wondered how to bring your family closer together or strengthen your marriage? Maybe you’re looking for fun family activities you can enjoy together. Perhaps it’s been too long since your last date night and you need inspiration. Maybe you just want to know the truth about what we homeschoolers really do all day! Whatever it is, it’s clearly Destiny at its finest! Don’t let this opening door of opportunity slam shut! Run through by subscribing to our newsletter?
Some posts on this blog contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission whenever a product is purchased through these links. Occasionally I receive products in exchange for a review or giveaway post. The owner of this website, is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking http://geezgwen.com to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com. However, all opinions expressed on Geez Gwen are solely my own, and I only suggest products or services that I believe will be helpful to my readers.
Subscribe to our newsletter!