April is National Poetry Month! In our homeschool we adore poetry and we read and write a lot of it. This year we are working through a wonderful Nature Poetry Unit Study. This combination is the perfect way to welcome spring. I thought I would share a list with links to some of the nature poems so you could share them with your class. Make sure you scroll to the bottom of this post to check out the full Nature Poetry Unit Study in case it’s something your class would enjoy as well!
** This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.**
Poems About Nature
- Nothing Gold Can Stay by Robert Frost
- There Will Come Soft Rains by Sara Teasdale
- Leisure by W. H. Davies
- The Darkling Thrush by Thomas Hardy
- Daffodils ‘I wandered lonely as a cloud’ by William Wordsworth
- Hummingbirds by Mary Oliver
- Song of Nature by Ralph Waldo Emerson
- The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost
- Little Trotty Wagtail by John Clare
- The Eagle by Alfred Lord Tennyson
- Stopping by the Woods on a Snowy Evening by Robert Frost
- “Hope” is the Thing with Feathers by Emily Dickinson
- The Hermit Crab by Mary Oliver
- To Autumn by John Keats
- The Way Through The Woods By Rudyard Kipling
- Song by T.S. Eliot
Resources for More Poetry Lessons
- Nature Poetry Unit Study
- Teaching Poetry -How To Celebrate National Poetry Month
- My Fall Poetry Packet
- My Book Of Poetry
I hope you have a wonderful time sharing poetry this month! These resources are designed to make it easy and enjoyable to teach a poetry lesson. Please feel welcome to share your thoughts on National Poetry Month, helpful resources, or your favorite nature poem in the comments section below. We love to hear from you.
Happy Campers Counting Pack$2.99
Ocean-Themed End of the School Year Sheets$0.00
Summer Reading Challenge PacketProduct on sale
Little Bird’s Day Out Language Packet$9.99
Easter Packet for Kids$4.99
Nature Poetry Unit Study$14.99
Natural Easter Egg Dyes Egg-periment$0.00
Easter Story Snack Pack Tags & Scripture Cards$5.00
Thanks for visiting Geez, Gwen today! We are so glad you found us! We are not believers in coincidence so we are confident you are here for a reason! We are a family-focused blog so we have a lot of inspiration and encouragement for you and your loved ones. Perhaps we can offer you some simple yet tasty recipes to make your weeknights easier? Perhaps you’ve been wondering how to bring your family closer together or strengthen your marriage? Maybe you’re looking for fun family activities you can enjoy together. Perhaps it’s been too long since your last date night and you need inspiration. Maybe you just want to know the truth about what we homeschoolers really do all day! Whatever it is, it’s clearly Destiny at its finest! Don’t let this opening door of opportunity slam shut! Run through by subscribing to our newsletter?
Latest Posts from Geez, Gwen!
- Putting Together An Amazing Backyard Camping Trip for Your Family
- Easy Summer Kids Crafts
- Award-Winning Summer Books for Kids
- Unique and Meaningful Mothers Day Gift Ideas
- Ten Genuinely Fun Date Ideas Perfect for Spring Romance
Some posts on this blog contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission whenever a product is purchased through these links. Occasionally I receive products in exchange for a review or giveaway post. The owner of this website, is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking http://geezgwen.com to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com. However, all opinions expressed on Geez Gwen are solely my own, and I only suggest products or services that I believe will be helpful to my readers.