Top Ten Fun Facts About Apples
Facts About Apples You Probably Didn’t Know
When I think about Fall, I think about apples. Apple orchards, apple pie, apple cider, apple crisp… To get us into the swing of the things, here are Ten Fun Facts About Apples, you probably didn’t know.
** This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.**
TOP TEN FUN FACTS ABOUT APPLES
- Apples are actually part of the rose family.
- Apple varieties range in size from a little larger than a cherry to as large as a grapefruit. The largest apple ever picked weighed 3 pounds.
- A peck of apples weighs 10.5 pounds. A bushel of apples weighs about 42 pounds.
- There are more than 7,500 varieties of apples grown around the world. It would take you more than 20 years to try them all if you ate one a day!
- Ever wondered why apples float? It’s because 25 percent of their volume is made up of air.
- Apple trees can live for more than 100 years.
- Only one type of apple is native to the U.S.: The crabapple.
- Apples harvested from an average tree can fill 20 boxes that weigh 42 pounds each.
- It takes about 36 apples to create one gallon of apple cider.
- The top apple producers around the world are China, United States, Turkey, Poland, and Italy. Apples account for 50 percent of international deciduous fruit tree production.
Thanks for visiting Geez, Gwen today! We are so glad you found us! We are not believers in coincidence so we are confident you are here for a reason! Perhaps we can offer you tasty recipes? Maybe our inspirational quotes are just what you need in your life! Perhaps you’ve been wondering where to take that family vacation? Maybe you want to know the truth about what us homeschoolers really do all day! Maybe you love photography and see it as an art, just like me! Whatever it is, it’s clearly Destiny at its finest! Don’t let this opening door of opportunity slam shut! Run through by subscribing to our newsletter ?
- Fun and Tasty Themed Halloween Treats and Snacks
- Educational Trips To Keep Your Family Learning All Year Long
- Really Cute Halloween Costumes You Can Get Fast
- Fall Crockpot Recipes – Easy Slow Cooker Meals
- Top Fifteen Unique Halloween Costume Ideas for Kids
Some posts on this blog contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission whenever a product is purchased through these links. Occasionally I receive products in exchange for a review or giveaway post. The owner of this website, is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking http://geezgwen.com to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com. However, all opinions expressed on Geez Gwen are solely my own, and I only suggest products or services that I believe will be helpful to my readers.