Healthy Holidays? This title sounds like a complete contradiction! Holidays are after all about cookies and cakes and gatherings around kitchen tables and gifts of chocolate and cups of cocoa and on and on… So, healthy holidays, please! Give me a break… But then again, healthy is good and sometimes even tastes good, right? So, in the spirit of staying with all the bloggers taking part in the 12 Days of Blogmas I am going to do my best to search for ways to make this Christmas at the very least, a healthier holiday than last years. Here it goes…
The Christmas season is in full swing now. Most of us have our trees up and our shopping under wraps. Or at least some of it. We have parties on the calendar and events we are looking forward to. It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Which usually also means a lot more stress and hustle and bustle than we are used to.
- So, my first tip for a healthier holiday is to stop and have a cup of tea. Specifically, this tea which is specifically designed to de-stress.
- I am not the girl who likes to Zumba or run or lift weights. I just don’t. I’ll ride my bike. I’ll hike all day. But not when it’s cold. I also don’t like the cold. So, I survive the long winters with an exercise bike and some gentle yoga. My second pick for a healthier holiday is to do some yoga around five times a week. Or three times at least. That should help anyway. Right?
- I have been honestly trying to find healthy foods that also taste good. While I find most diet food ridiculously bland I have found amazing food too. Hence, my new obsession with all Mediterranean Food! So, instead of bringing that bacon and cheddar cheese dip to the family feast, you could bring this. I have made this several times and it is always a hit!Colorful Mediterranean Quinoa Salad with Chickpeas
- Or you could bring this! It has tomato and artichokes – that has to be good for us. Pinterest
- Finally, in order to stay healthy-ish for the holidays we should definitely be taking care of our tired feet! So I am recommending this for your health. I mean, we HAVE to take care of ourselves. Head to toe!
So, to re-cap. In order to experience a healthier holiday please eat well, do a little gentle yoga and then sit back with a cup of tea while having your feet massaged! Surely, we can all give this an honest try! Merry Christmas!
Have a suggestion to experience a healthy-ish Christmas. Please by all means share in the comments below. We love to hear from you!