How To Celebrate World Kindness Day With Your Family
Friday, November 13th, 2015
Who would imagine Friday the 13th could be so full of hope and love? Leave it to World Kindness Day to transform and breath new light into something generally considered dark. I have posted before about how deeply I feel the importance of teaching kindness to be. Check out that post, Teaching Kindness, full of even more ideas here.
I thought I would take a moment to share our To Do List for Friday and to share some amazing resources so you can make yours. Here we go…
Our Kindness List
1. Donate clothing and blankets to Haven of Mercy
2. Donate books to our library.
3. Bring single roses to hand out at the local Nursing Home.
4. Bring cookies and milk along with our gratitude to the local fire department.
5. Bring cat food to the local animal shelter.
Resources to Create Your Own Kindness List
1. Random Act of Kindness is the complete package for everything you need from inspiration to materials and posters and on and on. This is my very favorite site for kindness sources.
Kindness is contagious. Kindness is good for your health. Kindness keeps you young! Kindness matters. Learn more about the science of kindness here.
So there you have it! Please share in the comments below your favorite acts of kindness or stories of when you have given or received kindness. I can’t wait to hear from you!
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. ~Galatians 5:22-23