How To Up Your PB&J Game
Happy National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day
April 2nd is National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day! In honor of this treasured holiday, we thought we would share some tips on how to seriously up your PB&J game!
**This post also contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.**
- Add Bacon – everything is better with bacon. We’ve proven it over and over again. Just fry up two slices of bacon, crumble, and sprinkle between slices. Peanut Butter & Jelly Bacon Bliss, guys!
- Stack on some sliced bananas! You’ve likely had the classic peanut butter and banana sandwich, but did you stop there? Slather some jam on the top slice of bread and experience PB&J in a whole new way.
- Some people swear by adding a few thin slices of Granny Smith apples to your sandwich.
- Drop on a few spoonfuls of Nutella! If you try no other version, you have to give this one a try! Seriously, AMAZING!
- Just add marshmallows! This is so good. If your grocery store has Fluffernutter than that is my choice but the little marshmallows you throw in your cocoa are good too and if you spot some gourmet marshmallows… Go for it! Ooey gooey goodness!
- Just add honey! Drizzle some golden goodness all over that PB&J and you will be so glad you did! The perfect touch of sweetness!
- Add some crunch! Whether you add crushed pretzels, granola, nuts, or even chips – a little crunch goes a long way towards the perfect PB&J.
- Trade your bread for saltines and add a layer of cream cheese. Wa la – Miniature peanut butter and jelly sandwichs!
- Switch out the sliced bread. I have seen PB&J served on bagels, a heavy nut bread, even pound cake slices. Personally, I am a fan of serving it on cinnamon raisin bread – toasted.
- Heat it up! Some people just throw that PB&J on the panini press and others fry that sandwich up like you would a grilled cheese. Yup, that’s right. Toss it a buttered pan and brown both sides and then enjoy. Messy and wonderful! Yes, please!
Get creative and make your own combination! Have some fun! If you have a favorite recipe, share it in the comments section below. We will probably give it a try!
Thanks for visiting Geez, Gwen today! We are so glad you found us! We are not believers in coincidence so we are confident you are here for a reason! Perhaps we can offer you tasty recipes? Maybe our inspirational quotes are just what you need in your life! Perhaps you’ve been wondering where to take that family vacation? Maybe you want to know the truth about what us homeschoolers really do all day! Maybe you love photography and see it as an art, just like me! Whatever it is, it’s clearly Destiny at its finest! Don’t let this opening door of opportunity slam shut! Run through by subscribing to our newsletter 🙂
Some posts on this blog contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission whenever a product is purchased through these links. Occasionally I receive products in exchange for a review or giveaway post. The owner of this website, is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking http://geezgwen.com to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com. However, all opinions expressed on Geez Gwen are solely my own, and I only suggest products or services that I believe will be helpful to my readers.
Other Posts You May Enjoy