Delicious Irish Recipes To Serve Your Family On St. Patrick’s Day
St. Patrick’s Day Recipes That Aren’t Your Typical Corned Beef
We’ve been thinking about St. Patrick’s Day and Irish Food Recipes! About seven years ago, early on in our homeschooling years, we discovered our love of international food. As part of our Unit Studies about different countries, we began to gather together recipes that represented each culture best. We would also gather information on the demographics, the religious beliefs, the festivals and celebrations the people took part in, and fun facts about each exotic location.
** This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.**
Finally, we would make the dishes, put up decorations, and talk about the culture as our dinner conversation. We tried to do one a month and we fell in love with the whole world that year, one bite at a time. It is in honor of those sixth-grade international dinners that I have put together this list with suggestions on what to serve your family this St. Patrick’s Day.
Typical Irish Food Recipes Served On St. Patrick’s Day
- Corned Beef and Cabbage – This N. Y. C. Corned Beef and Cabbage from Food.com is our recipe pick.
- Classic Irish Stew – I am going to try this Irish Beef and Guinness Stew from Recipe Tin Eats
- Colcannon: (Recipe from Food Network) A traditional Irish dish of mashed potatoes with kale or cabbage.
Less Typical Irish Recipes To Serve On St. Patrick’s Day
Delectable St. Patrick’s Day Main Dishes
- Epic Chunky Beef and Mushroom Pie – This recipe is from Recipe Tin Eats
- Chicken, Leek, and Mushroom Pie from Never Enough Thyme
- Beef, Stout & Caramalised Onion Pie from Rhodes Quality
- Steak and Guinness Pie from Closet Cooking
- Shepherd’s Pie from Alton Brown
St. Patrick’s Day Side Dishes That Aren’t Cabbage
- Irish Stacked Potato Bites from Pudge Factor
- Cider-Glazed Root Vegetables from Irish Times
- Irish Stuffed Baked Potato from All Recipes
- Irish Parsnip & Carrot Mash from Yep Recipes
- Creamy Peas with Shallots and Bacon from Delish
St. Patrick’s Day Snacks and Desserts That Will Make You Feel Lucky
- Baileys Chocolate Truffles from Once Upon A Chef
- Chocolate Bailey’s Poke Cake from Kitchen Fun With My Three Sons
- Grasshopper Pie from Simply Recipes
- Millionaire’s Shortbread from Sugar Spun Run
- Mint Oreo Balls from Butter With A Side of Bread
Drink Like The Irish
- Irish Coffee – Original Irish Coffee from Spruce Eats
- Bailey’s Hot Chocolate – Keep it simple with this recipe from All Recipes.
- Irish Whiskey – Check out this collection of 9 Essential Irish Whiskey Cocktails from Liquor.com
- Jameson Irish Redhead Cocktail from Restless Chipotle
- The Drunken Leprechaun – another Irish Whiskey Cocktail – this one from Sugar and Charm.
So there you have yourself some inspiration for a wonderful Irish Dinner that doesn’t make your house all stinky. Let us know in the comments section below what your favorite Irish Meal or recipe is. We love to hear from you!
Check out this post to learn some Irish Slang real quick! And visit us here to learn how to make our Shamrock Smoothie! Also, if you are homeschooling you might want to check out our top picks for quick lessons on St. Patrick’s Day!
Be blessed my friends,
Thanks for visiting Geez, Gwen today! We are so glad you found us! We are not believers in coincidence so we are confident you are here for a reason! Perhaps we can offer you tasty recipes? Maybe our inspirational quotes are just what you need in your life! Perhaps you’ve been wondering where to take that family vacation? Maybe you want to know the truth about what us homeschoolers really do all day! Maybe you love photography and see it as an art, just like me! Whatever it is, it’s clearly Destiny at its finest! Don’t let this opening door of opportunity slam shut! Run through by subscribing to our newsletter.
Recent Posts From Geez, Gwen!
- Twenty Fall Activities Your Family Will Love
- The Homeschool Library – Top Picks for Best Books Ever
- Beautiful Fall Craft Idea for Kids – Pressed Leaf Wreath
- Perfectly Unique Fall Porch Decorating Ideas You’ll Love
- Five “Just Because” Ways To Show You Care
Some posts on this blog contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission whenever a product is purchased through these links. Occasionally I receive products in exchange for a review or giveaway post. The owner of this website, is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking http://geezgwen.com to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com. However, all opinions expressed on Geez Gwen are solely my own, and I only suggest products or services that I believe will be helpful to my readers.
Five Fun Fall Coloring Pages for Kids$0.00
Photosynthesis Lesson and Worksheets$7.99
Fall Pressed Leaf Painting Prints$3.99
Bee Happy Fingerprint Art Project$0.00
All About Bees Unit Study$7.99
75 Positive Things To Say To Your Kids PrintProduct on sale
All About Weather Workbook$8.99
Visual Fall Writing Prompts$5.99
Fall Bucket List Print$2.99