Jalapeno Popper Dip
Pinterest Challenge – Jalapeno Popper Dip
When you start with a ton of bacon, a bunch of cheese and a few jalapenos, you know you are going to present a winning dish to this family!
This delicious cheesy appetizer is absolutely loaded with crispy bacon bits and it will disappear! So, if you don’t want to worry about bringing leftovers home from that family get together or game night, Jalapeno Popper Dip makes a perfect recipe choice. It’s fast, easy, and makes a memorable appetizer!
Welcome to the second 2018 monthly Pinterest Challenge Blog Hop, hosted by My Pinterventures. The purpose of this Pinterest Challenge is to motivate all the participants of this hop (and you too) to not just pin, but to make it happen! So this month, I chose to make Jalapeno Popper Dip from Delish.com.
What You Will Need For Jalapeno Popper Dip
- 1 – 8oz block of softened cream cheese
- 1/3 cup Mayo
- 1/3 cup Sour Cream
- 1 1/2 cups Monterey Jack Shredded Cheese
- 1 1/2 cups Sharp Cheddar Shredded Cheese
- 1 package bacon – crispy and crumbled
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 Jalapenos diced
- Fresh Cilantro (optional)
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- Tortilla Chips
This Jalapeno Popper Dip is easy to put together. The most time-consuming part of the whole process is cooking and crumbling the bacon.
How To Prepare Jalapeno Popper Dip
- Preheat your oven to 350
- Fry your bacon and place on paper towels. Let it cool.
- Mix together your softened cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, and garlic salt.
- Crumble your bacon and stir it in. (Reserve a small amount to sprinkle on the top)
- Add one cup of your Monterey Jack cheese.
- Add one cup f your Sharp Cheddar cheese
- Add your diced jalapeno’s (Reserve a small amount to sprinkle on top)
- Stir together and scoop into a prepared 8 x8 casserole dish.
- Smooth until even and then sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese evenly over the top.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese Jack cheese evenly over the top.
- Add extra bacon and jalapenos and put in the oven
- Cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until it is bubbly.
- Sprinkle with fresh cilantro.
- Allow cooling for five minutes.
- Serve with Tortilla chips.
- Spend the rest of your evening prepared to share this recipe with everyone. You’re a Star Chef 🙂
We collected 12 pins, each of our family members choosing four each. We will prepare one each month. They are all rolled up on little slips of paper in a bowl on our mantel.
The January Choice, Bacon Pierogi Bake, was one of my selections.
This Jalapeno Popper Dip choice comes from Mr. Wonderful. For March, we have selected Buttermilk Fried Chicken, one of T’s picks. Come back soon and see how that turns out!
To join next month’s challenge, click here to sign-up ⇒ March Pinterest Challenge
Now let’s see what other things Pinterest inspired! Head over and visit the other hosts to see what they crafted, cooked, built, or tried!
Thanks for visiting Geez, Gwen today! We are so glad you found us! We are not believers in coincidence so we are confident you are here for a reason! Perhaps we can offer you tasty recipes? Maybe our inspirational quotes are just what you need in your life! Perhaps you’ve been wondering where to take that family vacation? Maybe you want to know the truth about what us homeschoolers really do all day! Maybe you love photography and see it as an art, just like me! Whatever it is, it’s clearly Destiny at its finest! Don’t let this opening door of opportunity slam shut! Run through by subscribing to our newsletter 🙂