I am sharing these journal prompts to build self-esteem in teens because the teenage years are hard. Really hard. The changes in minds and bodies are difficult enough, but add in the struggles to fit in, while studying and planning for a successful future, plus sports, and relationships, and often part-time jobs, and it gets heavy quick. Today, social media allows for bullying and comparison in a way most of us parents can’t even imagine. The truth is that it’s harder than ever to be a teen.
** This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.**
We know that self-confidence and self-esteem are crucially important to mental health. Low self-esteem often leads to poor relationships, addiction, depression, and anxiety. So, offering self-esteem activities for teens like these journal prompts can help to build self-confidence during the critical years of youth when our child’s self-esteem seems to be under almost constant attack.
This collection of writing prompts is designed to improve our teen’s self-esteem, one journal entry at a time. That said, I strongly encourage people of all ages to work through these questions. We could all use some extra self-love. So, here we go.
Journal Prompts To Build Self-Esteem and Confidence In Teens
- What was the biggest compliment you ever received? How did it make you feel?
- What are three things in your life that you are grateful for? Tell about why you appreciate each one as you do.
- List three ways you could be more positive and loving towards yourself in your everyday life.
- Write about three things you did right today.
- Write your body a thank you letter expressing your gratitude for all it makes possible for you.
- Write about a recent success. What positive traits or behaviors did you utilize to accomplish this success?
- What are three things that are special and unique about you?
- Describe yourself using five positive traits or adjectives that you personify.
- List three ways that you make life better for the people you care about.
- Write about five ways that you have learned to calm yourself down or realign yourself.
- Write a thank you letter to yourself.
- List three things about yourself that are beautiful. (Mind, body, or spirit)
- Write about one thing you would like to improve about yourself. How can you best approach this goal? What actions can you start taking now?
- What intelligent qualities do you embody? List at least three areas in which you often radiate intelligence.
- List three ways you have shown kindness or generosity to others.
- Write about someone that has been a positive influence in your life. What have you learned from this person? How have they made you a better person?
- Write about a time that you showed courage. Explain your definition of the word brave.
- List two people that you know have your best interests in mind and love you deeply. What could you do to spend more time with these people?
- What is one thing you really enjoy doing? How can make more time for this in your life?
- Write yourself a note expressing acceptance for yourself and your current situation.
- Discuss how you can set for yourself a path for growth that leads towards the changes or goals you seek.
- What are your three greatest strengths? Share some experiences where you have displayed these strengths.
*Please note, I am not a doctor. I am a Mom with a teenager who wants to help in every way I can. Please consult with a doctor for more information if your child is experiencing anxiety, low self-esteem, or issues with mental health. These resources have been designed for use in my own homeschool and I am sharing with families in hopes they can help others too. *
Check Out More Collections Of Printable Journal Prompts and Inspiration
- Family Journal Writing Prompts
- Fall Journal Prompts
- Ten Journal Prompts For When You Are Sad
- 30 Days of Gratitude List – Challenge Prompts Printable
- Life Change Quotes and Sayings
Check Out This Video That Explains What Self-Esteem Is And Why It Matters
Recent Posts from Geez, Gwen!
- Genuinely Free Career Quiz Options for Teens and Adults
- How To Enjoy A Family Vacation On Edisto Island
- How To Create Solid House Rules For Your Family
- How To Make The Most of Your Summer Break
- Picnic Ideas – Simple Picnic Food for Every Occasion
Thanks for visiting Geez, Gwen today! We are so glad you found us! We are not believers in coincidence so we are confident you are here for a reason! Perhaps we can offer you tasty recipes? Maybe our inspirational quotes are just what you need in your life! Perhaps you’ve been wondering where to take that family vacation? Maybe you want to know the truth about what us homeschoolers really do all day! Maybe you love photography and see it as an art, just like me! Whatever it is, it’s clearly Destiny at its finest! Don’t let this opening door of opportunity slam shut! Run through by subscribing to our newsletter.
Some posts on this blog contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission whenever a product is purchased through these links. Occasionally I receive products in exchange for a review or giveaway post. The owner of this website, is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking http://geezgwen.com to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com. However, all opinions expressed on Geez Gwen are solely my own, and I only suggest products or services that I believe will be helpful to my readers.