Did you know that August 27th is National Just Because Day? I love the idea of a holiday that celebrates the things we do just because. I do a lot of things just because. You probably do too! Look at us celebrating without even knowing it. In honor of the holiday, I am sending you five just because ways to show you care. Let’s have some fun with this.
** This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.**
Five “Just Because Day” ways to show your other half that you care.
- Buy them their favorite chocolate or coffee and write a little note that says, “Just because I love you.”
- Make them breakfast in bed. When they ask what this is all about, tell them, “Just because.”
- Bring them lunch. Show up on their lunchbreak with their favorite to-go order.
- Write a love note in the steam on the bathroom mirror.
- Surprise them with a movie night. Surprise them with popcorn and their favorite movie qued up on Netflix.
Five “Just Because” ways to show your kids that you care.
- Make cookies together. Any kind of cookies that they want.
- Craft Time! Set up a simple craft and spend time together creating something.
- Go For Ice Cream. An unexpected trip for ice cream is always a winner.
- Buy Them A Small Gift. A book. A cupcake. A toy. Some paint.
- Movie Night! Even if you have seen thir favorite movie five bazillion times already, get excited about watching it together. Set the stage with pillows, blankets, and snacks. No distractions allowed.
Five “Just Because Day” ways to show your friends that you care.
- Send them a thank you for being my friend text. A short message can go a long way.
- Buy them a coffee. One of the good ones with whipped cream and syrup.
- Invite Them On A Shopping Date. Christmas in July? Birthday Bonanza? Or no reason what so ever. Just because…
- Buy Them A Class. Paint & Sip. Cooking Pasta? Photography? Buy a few tickets to a local class and invite them to join you, just because.
- Bake Them A Pie. Nothing says I love you the way a Bourbon Chocolate Walnut Pie does.
Five “Just Because” ways to show yourself that you care.
- Fill a glass with wine and a tub with bubbles, just because.
- Buy yourself a brand new book and take it somewhere peaceful to read it.
- Book a massage. Just because you’d enjoy it.
- Get yourself a nice haircut. No date night, no interview, no reason, just because…
- Book A Weekend Away. A cozy cottage. A posh hotel room. A weekend with family. A weekend with friends. Whatever makes you smile. Book that. Just because.
Five “Just Because Day” ways to show random strangers that you care.
- Pay for the order behind you in line. This is a simple way to send some just because love out into the world.
- Hold the door open. A simple gesture that makes people feel valued.
- Help someone load their groceries or pump thier gas. Find someone older or with a bunch of kids, or in any kind of need whatsoever and give them a hand, just because.
- Let someone cut in front of you in line. Anyone at all will do.
- Write a letter to a soldier. A few lines in a thank you note might be just what that person needed.
Are you inspired? I know I am. Let me encourage you to take fifteen minutes right now to plan a few ‘Just Because’ moments. After all, National Just Because Day only happens once a year.
Be happy just because,
- Thirty Fun Educational Games You’ll Love!
- Educational Websites Perfect for Homeschool Learning
- Shark Week Party Planning
- Crazy Awesome Prime Day Deals for Your Homeschool
- How To Teach Good Manners To Your Kids
Thanks for visiting Geez, Gwen today! We are so glad you found us! We are not believers in coincidence so we are confident you are here for a reason! We are a family-focused blog so we have a lot of inspiration and encouragement for you and your loved ones. Perhaps we can offer you some simple yet tasty recipes to make your weeknights easier? Perhaps you’ve wondered how to bring your family closer together or strengthen your marriage? Maybe you’re looking for fun family activities you can enjoy together. Perhaps it’s been too long since your last date night and you need inspiration. Maybe you just want to know the truth about what we homeschoolers really do all day! Whatever it is, it’s clearly Destiny at its finest! Don’t let this opening door of opportunity slam shut! Run through by subscribing to our newsletter?
Some posts on this blog contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission whenever a product is purchased through these links. Occasionally I receive products in exchange for a review or giveaway post. The owner of this website, is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking http://geezgwen.com to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com. However, all opinions expressed on Geez Gwen are solely my own, and I only suggest products or services that I believe will be helpful to my readers.