Life Hacks For Surviving Flooding
Here in Tennessee, we are currently under a lot of water. It has me thinking about how it is best to prepare and respond to flooding. So I decided to do a little research.
Life Hacks For Surviving a Flood
- If you get caught in your car in deep water, you can use the car seat’s headrest to break the window to escape.
- If you are asked to evacuate, you can’t carry a whole lot. Protect your valuables by storing them in a sealed dishwasher. Water can’t get in and they are usually bolted down so they won’t likely float away.
- You can also fill your washing machine with ice and use it as a cooler in an emergency. When the ice melts, the water will drain.
- If your grocery store is out of bottled water, fill gallon freezer bags with water and freeze them.
- If it looks like you could be losing your water supply soon, clean your tub really good and then fill it up! You can use the water to flush your toilet and do basic cleaning.
- If there is a possibility you may have to evacuate, prepare an overnight bag. Don’t forget important medications you are taking.
Preparing Your Home for Possible Flood Evacuation
Obviously, if you are ordered to evacuate, leave immediately. These are suggestions for if you have adequate time to safely prepare.
- Switch off your main breaker.
- Move electronics and furniture off the floor and transfer them to higher and secured places.
- If you can, move valuables up to a higher floor.
- If you have area rugs, roll them up and place them off the floor.
- If you have paint cans, place them under your furniture to increase elevation.
- Place any important documents in sealed freezer bags.
Find More Information About Surviving A Flood At The Following Sources
Thanks for visiting Geez, Gwen today! We are so glad you found us! We are not believers in coincidence so we are confident you are here for a reason! Perhaps we can offer you tasty recipes? Maybe our inspirational quotes are just what you need in your life! Perhaps you’ve been wondering where to take that family vacation? Maybe you want to know the truth about what us homeschoolers really do all day! Maybe you love photography and see it as an art, just like me! Whatever it is, it’s clearly Destiny at its finest! Don’t let this opening door of opportunity slam shut! Run through by subscribing to our newsletter 🙂