How to make a Sheet Music Christmas Tree Ornament
I love simple winter crafts that can be made with kids. These Sheet Music Christmas Tree Ornaments are extremely simple to make and extra cute. Kids can choose whether to cut or tear their “branches” from the sheet music and all you need besides that is a popsicle, some glue, and something for your star. I use felt but you can use ribbon, aluminum foil, or construction paper. Whatever you have on hand.
** This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.**
To Make These Sheet Music Christmas Tree Ornaments You Will Need:
- sheet music
- popsicle or craft sticks
- felt, ribbon, foil, or construction paper to make your tree topper
- Ribbon or twine for hanging
To Make Sheet Music Christmas Tree Ornaments:
- Begin by cutting out or tearing your music sheet into pieces measuring as follows:1 inch x 1/2 inch – 1 1/2 inch x 1/2 inch – 2 inch by 1/2 inch – 2 1/2 inch x 1/2 inch & 3 inch x 1/2 inch
- Cut out your stars. I used felt and sheet music for mine.
- Cut out your hangers – I used 4-inch ribbon
- Put a dot of glue at the top of your popsicle stick, fold both ends of your hanger, and stick it in the center of your glue.
- Place a dot of glue over where the end meets and cover it with your star.
- Starting at the bottom glue your sections to the trunk. Largest to smallest moving up.
- Let dry.
- Hang and enjoy.
Watch this video to see how to make Sheet Music Christmas Ornaments
Playlist: Classical Musical About Winter to Play While You’re Crafting
- Glazunov: ‘Winter’ from The Seasons
- Chopin: Étude No 11 (Winter Wind)
- Jacques Offenbach – Ballet of the Snowflakes
- Debussy: The Snow is Dancing
- Rimsky-Korsakov: The Snow Maiden Suite
- Korngold: Der Schneemann (The Snowman)
- Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky – The Nutcracker
- Frank Schubert: Winterreise, or Winter Journey
We hope you have so much fun making this simple winter craft with your family! Please check out these other ideas for fun crafts for kids.
- How To Make Salt Dough Ornaments
- Giant Brown Bag Snowflake DIY
- Advent Calendar Activity Ideas – Family Activities, Crafts, and Kindness
- DIY Christmas Gifts for Kids To Make and Give
- Printable Christmas Cards For Kids To Complete – Christmas Art
Thanks for visiting Geez, Gwen today! We are so glad you found us! We are not believers in coincidence so we are confident you are here for a reason! We are a family-focused blog so we have a lot of inspiration and encouragement for you and your loved ones. Perhaps we can offer you some simple yet tasty recipes to make your weeknights easier. Perhaps you’ve wondered how to bring your family closer together or strengthen your marriage. Maybe you’re looking for fun family activities you can enjoy together. Perhaps it’s been too long since your last date night and you need inspiration. Maybe you just want to know the truth about what we homeschoolers really do all day! Whatever it is, it’s clearly Destiny at its finest! Don’t let this opening door of opportunity slam shut! Run through by subscribing to our newsletter.
Some posts on this blog contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission whenever a product is purchased through these links. Occasionally I receive products in exchange for a review or giveaway post. The owner of this website, is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking http://geezgwen.com to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com. However, all opinions expressed on Geez Gwen are solely my own, and I only suggest products or services that I believe will be helpful to my readers.
- The Winter Book Club Is Live
- Gratitude Journaling for Kids
- Simple Sheet Music Christmas Ornament
- How To Make Salt Dough Ornaments
- Christmas Kindness
Winter Night Craft and Activity Packet$6.99
Free Scripture Cards for Kids$0.00
30 Days of Gratitude Writing Prompt Checklist for Kids$0.00
Counting Blessings Gratitude Activity for Kids$5.99
Fall Counting Pack$0.00
The Kindness Matters To Me Packet$12.99
Student Field Trip Journal$3.99
Homeschool Field Trip Planner$11.99
Hello Harvest Moon Book Companion$6.99