[su_heading size=”15″]PBS World Explorers | Classroom Resources | PBS LearningMedia[/su_heading]
Valuable Resources for Homeschoolers Provided by PBS Learning Media and Several Other Teaching Resources
I have mentioned before that I am a big fan of PBS Education materials! I had to share this latest collection of World Explorers with all of you other homeschooling families because it’s valuable and interesting material which covers specified educational standards and also, it’s free. You can’t beat that!
- [su_note note_color=”#fdfdd6″ radius=”1″]Champlain | PBS World Explorers downloaded from PBS LearningMedia, http://www.pbslearningmedia.org. Rights to use this asset expire on 12/31/2099 . Asset Copyright PBS LearningMedia Â© 2015[/su_note]
This series covers:
- Samuel De Champlain – The Father of New France
- Marco Polo – Venetian Explorer
- Christopher Columbus – Explore the controversy surrounding Christopher Columbus
- Zheng He – Chinese Explorer
- Hernan Cortes – Famous Conqueror
- John Cabot – Italian Explorer
- and several others.
Please note you do need to create an account to use PBS Learning Media but it’s simple and no cost.
Here is another valuable resource I pay attention to when making my lesson plans. PBS Learning Media’s Content Calendar.
Some other world explorer materials I intend to use in combination with this series are listed below:
Free Printables and Lessons from Mrnussbaum.com
Also materials from:
Finally, here are a few more resources we will be exploring with.
A lesson on ships goes hand in hand with a lesson on world explorers and History Channel Education offers a great one.
What resources are you using in your class or homeschool? I love to find our about everything from documentaries to hands-on projects so please share in the comments below!