I am excited to share with you one of our family’s most treasured recipes. This chocolate peanut butter Easter egg recipe makes the most delicious Easter eggs EVER and it comes from my precious grandmother, Shirley Mae. Before I share all the details, let me tell you just a little about Gram Cooper.
She is not your stereotypical grandmother. Not feeble or tired but rather a powerful force of nature. Gram is grit, determination, and strength. A true matriarch who reigns with open arms, a full heart, and high expectations that her girls will do their best and be their best.
She was born and raised a Mainer, as was I, but now we both call the Tennessee mountains home. These two regions have impacted the way our families eat in a big way.
** This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.**
As the matriarch of our family, Gram holds a lot of coveted recipes including her clam chowder and chicken soup recipes which have seen all of us through our childhoods and on. When I catch a cold I still want a steaming bowl of Gram’s chicken soup with its creamy broth all loaded with love. And she still shows up with it.
Every time our family gathers at Gram’s the first question out of our mouths is, “Is the chowder ready?” Followed by a hopeful, “Did you make Whoopie Pies?”
It’s no wonder my first word was grandmother.
Today, I am sharing her recipe for Easter Eggs loaded with silky peanut butter goodness and dipped in chocolate. Buttercream frosting flowers dress them up for Easter making them perfect for gifting.
Gram Cooper’s Peanut Butter Easter Egg Recipe
Makes 15 Giant Easter Eggs or 30 Large Eggs
- 10 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 5 sticks of oleo (margarine) or butter if you want them extra creamy
- 2 cups peanut butter (Gram says this has to be Peter Pan peanut butter)
- 2 packages of chocolate chips
- 1 slab paraffin
How To Make Homemade Peanut Butter Easter Eggs
- Line two cookie sheets with wax paper and set them aside.
- Melt oleo and peanut butter together on low. Don’t let it get too hot. Just warm enough to melt.
- Pour into the bowl of powdered sugar. Combine well using clean hands. (Be careful not to burn yourself.)
- Shape into Easter Eggs.
- Place Peanut Butter Eggs on prepared cookie sheets.
- Freeze for twenty minutes.
- While the eggs are freezing, melt the paraffin wax and chocolate chips in a double boiler until completely melted and smooth. Let it sit at least five minutes before dunking your eggs.
- Gently drop cooled eggs into chocolate one at a time. Spoon chocolate when needed to coat completely and return to cookie sheet.
- Immediately add sprinkles or coarse sea salt or once cooled decorate with buttercream frosting.
- Cover and keep refrigerated until ready to gift.
Mix it up: For fun consider adding half a cup of one of the following to your peanut butter mix.
- Rice Krispies
- Crushed Graham Crackers
- Mini M&M’s
- Reeses Pieces
This Peanut Butter Easter Egg Recipe is part of a treasured and delicious family tradition in our home and we hope you’ll consider making these a tradition for your family too. They are fun to make together and a true joy to share with loved ones. Happy Easter!
Other Easter Posts for You
- Natural Easter Egg Dyes Egg-periment
- How To Make Easter Story Snack Packs
- Easter Story Snack Pack Tags & Scripture Cards
- Five Beautiful Easter Prints
- He Is Risen – Easter Message
Thanks for visiting Geez, Gwen today! We are so glad you found us! We are not believers in coincidence so we are confident you are here for a reason! We are a family-focused blog so we have a lot of inspiration and encouragement for you and your loved ones. Perhaps we can offer you some simple yet tasty recipes to make your weeknights easier? Perhaps you’ve been wondering how to bring your family closer together or strengthen your marriage? Maybe you’re looking for fun family activities you can enjoy together. Perhaps it’s been too long since your last date night and you need inspiration. Maybe you just want to know the truth about what we homeschoolers really do all day! Whatever it is, it’s clearly Destiny at its finest! Don’t let this opening door of opportunity slam shut! Run through by subscribing to our newsletter?
Happy Campers Counting Pack$2.99
Ocean-Themed End of the School Year Sheets$0.00
Summer Reading Challenge PacketProduct on sale
Little Bird’s Day Out Language Packet$9.99
Easter Packet for Kids$4.99
Nature Poetry Unit Study$14.99
Natural Easter Egg Dyes Egg-periment$0.00
Easter Story Snack Pack Tags & Scripture Cards$5.00
- Putting Together An Amazing Backyard Camping Trip for Your Family
- Easy Summer Kids Crafts
- Award-Winning Summer Books for Kids
- Unique and Meaningful Mothers Day Gift Ideas
- Ten Genuinely Fun Date Ideas Perfect for Spring Romance
Some posts on this blog contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission whenever a product is purchased through these links. Occasionally I receive products in exchange for a review or giveaway post. The owner of this website, is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking http://geezgwen.com to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com. However, all opinions expressed on Geez Gwen are solely my own, and I only suggest products or services that I believe will be helpful to my readers.