Peppermint Mocha Cookie Recipe
The Best Cookie Recipe Ever
These Peppermint Mocha Cookies are my favorite of every cookie ever! I absolutely adore them and so does everyone I have ever shared them with. Don’t get me wrong. I love my Thumbprint cookies too, and they are way up there on my favorite cookies recipe list, but this one, The Peppermint Mocha Cookie recipe holds the number one spot and it has since I first tried them. If you have never tried these, you owe it to yourself to bake some right away. Everyone should know these exist. They make the world a more wonderful place!
** This post also contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.**
Ingredients for Peppermint Mocha Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons Ghiradelli dark cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons espresso powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8 ounces white chocolate morsels
- 3 large candy canes, crushed
Directions To Make Peppermint Mocha Cookies
- In a large bowl beat the butter for 1 minute until completely smooth and creamy.
- Add the granulated sugar and brown sugar and beat on until fluffy and light in color.
- Beat in egg, vanilla and peppermint extracts on high speed.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, espresso powder, and salt together until combined.
- Slowly mix into the butter mixture until combined.
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Cover dough with plastic wrap and chill for at least 3 hours and up to 3 days. Chilling is mandatory for this cookie dough.
- Remove cookie dough from the refrigerator and allow to sit at room temperature for twenty minutes to thirty minutes
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Scoop and roll balls of dough, (1 1/2 Tablespoons of dough each.)
- Bake the cookies for 8-9 minutes.
- Allow cooling for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet. They will slightly deflate as you let them cool. Transfer to cooling rack.
- Melt the chopped white chocolate in the microwave. Place the white chocolate in a medium heat-proof bowl. Melt in 15-second increments, stirring after each increment until completely melted and smooth.
- Dip each completely cooled cookie halfway into the white chocolate and place onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle crushed candy canes on top of the chocolate.
Please note: I found this recipe several years ago on one of my very favorite blogs, Sally’s Baking Addiction! Here is the original post of this recipe! I highly recommend you follow her blog if you love to bake! Her recipes are amazing!!!!
Thanks for visiting Geez, Gwen today! We are so glad you found us! We are not believers in coincidence so we are confident you are here for a reason! Perhaps we can offer you tasty recipes? Maybe our inspirational quotes are just what you need in your life! Perhaps you’ve been wondering where to take that family vacation? Maybe you want to know the truth about what us homeschoolers really do all day! Maybe you love photography and see it as an art, just like me! Whatever it is, it’s clearly Destiny at its finest! Don’t let this opening door of opportunity slam shut! Run through by subscribing to our newsletter 🙂
We Think You Will Enjoy These Posts
Share This Post