Spring Cleaning Outside The House
- Start at your front door with your doormats! Clean them well or replace them if necessary.
- Wash out your trash cans. I know, ugh. But it needs to be done. Give them a good rinsing with the hose, spray with disinfectant and scrub with an old broom or brush, rinse again, and finally place upside down to dry.
- Wash your windows. DIYer’s, make a solution of one part white vinegar to two parts water for sparkling windows and put it in a spray bottle. We also recommend using a squeegee like this one! Also, Windex makes a popular cleaning solution that you attach to your hose so it can do the work for you. Spray and rinse only.
- Clean your gutters and downspouts. Winter storms can fill gutters and clog downspouts quickly.
- Take a hose with a high-pressure jet attachment and wash down your exterior walls, walkways, porches, and any entertaining areas around your home.
- Clean up your outdoor furniture, umbrellas, and tables.
- Give your garage a good cleaning inside and also spray down your garage doors and exterior walls. If your door is really grimy, take some Dawn dish soap to it and then rinse well.
- Trim your trees, remove fallen debris, and rake out garden beds.
- Clean your grill. Take a grill brush to your rakes and wipe down the exterior.
- Deal with decks and porches. Prevent mold and algae from growing by treating decks and porches first thing.
- Create a barrier around your home with snake repellent. At our house, we have to treat in early Spring, or else the Black snakes try to move in.
Recent Posts from Geez, Gwen!
- Educational Resources For An Amazing Space Unit Study
- Valentine’s Gifts You Can Bake
- How To Live Life To The Fullest
- DIY Christmas Gifts for Kids To Make and Give
- Top Five Best Baked Christmas Goodies
Thanks for visiting Geez, Gwen today! We are so glad you found us! We are not believers in coincidence so we are confident you are here for a reason! We are a family-focused blog so we have a lot of inspiration and encouragement for you and your loved ones. Perhaps we can offer you some simple yet tasty recipes to make your weeknights easier? Perhaps you’ve been wondering how to bring your family closer together or strengthen your marriage? Maybe you’re looking for fun family activities you can enjoy together. Perhaps it’s been too long since your last date night and you need inspiration. Maybe you just want to know the truth about what we homeschoolers really do all day! Whatever it is, it’s clearly Destiny at its finest! Don’t let this opening door of opportunity slam shut! Run through by subscribing to our newsletter?
All About The Solar System Workbook$12.99
Finish Strong End of Year Worksheet$0.00
Pin The Nose On Rudolph Game$3.99
Christmas Scavenger Hunt$3.99
Hygge Family Gift Exchange Planner$5.99
Gratitude Quote PrintProduct on sale
Gratitude Jar Printable Label and Daily Entry Slips$3.99
My Fall Worksheets – Learning Packet$5.99
My Fall Poetry Packet$4.99
Some posts on this blog contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission whenever a product is purchased through these links. Occasionally I receive products in exchange for a review or giveaway post. The owner of this website, is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking http://geezgwen.com to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com. However, all opinions expressed on Geez Gwen are solely my own, and I only suggest products or services that I believe will be helpful to my readers.