Spring Cleaning Outside The House
- Start at your front door with your doormats! Clean them well or replace them if necessary.
- Wash out your trash cans. I know, ugh. But it needs to be done. Give them a good rinsing with the hose, spray with disinfectant and scrub with an old broom or brush, rinse again, and finally place upside down to dry.
- Wash your windows. DIYer’s, make a solution of one part white vinegar to two parts water for sparkling windows and put it in a spray bottle. We also recommend using a squeegee like this one! Also, Windex makes a popular cleaning solution that you attach to your hose so it can do the work for you. Spray and rinse only.
- Clean your gutters and downspouts. Winter storms can fill gutters and clog downspouts quickly.
- Take a hose with a high-pressure jet attachment and wash down your exterior walls, walkways, porches, and any entertaining areas around your home.
- Clean up your outdoor furniture, umbrellas, and tables.
- Give your garage a good cleaning inside and also spray down your garage doors and exterior walls. If your door is really grimy, take some Dawn dish soap to it and then rinse well.
- Trim your trees, remove fallen debris, and rake out garden beds.
- Clean your grill. Take a grill brush to your rakes and wipe down the exterior.
- Deal with decks and porches. Prevent mold and algae from growing by treating decks and porches first thing.
- Create a barrier around your home with snake repellent. At our house, we have to treat in early Spring, or else the Black snakes try to move in.
Recent Posts from Geez, Gwen!
- Creative Earth Day Crafts and Projects For Students of All Ages
- Teaching Poetry -How To Celebrate National Poetry Month
- Educational Trips To Keep Your Family Learning All Year Long
- The Spring Edition of Homeschool Life Magazine Is Out
- Ten Genuinely Fun Date Ideas Perfect for Spring Romance
Thanks for visiting Geez, Gwen today! We are so glad you found us! We are not believers in coincidence so we are confident you are here for a reason! Perhaps we can offer you tasty recipes? Maybe our inspirational quotes are just what you need in your life! Perhaps you’ve been wondering where to take that family vacation? Maybe you want to know the truth about what us homeschoolers really do all day! Maybe you love photography and see it as an art, just like me! Whatever it is, it’s clearly Destiny at its finest! Don’t let this opening door of opportunity slam shut! Run through by subscribing to our newsletter.
Nature Scavenger HuntProduct on sale
My Book Of Poetry – 21 Page Printable Workbook$9.99
Five Beautiful Easter Prints$5.99
Searching For Spring Workbook K – 1st Grade$7.99
All About The Ocean Student Workbook$9.99
Family Time Capsule Project Workbook$10.99
Homeschool Rules Print$4.99
1st Corinthians 16:14 Bible Verse Print$4.99
Proverbs 31:26 Bible Verse Print$4.99
Some posts on this blog contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission whenever a product is purchased through these links. Occasionally I receive products in exchange for a review or giveaway post. The owner of this website, is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking http://geezgwen.com to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com. However, all opinions expressed on Geez Gwen are solely my own, and I only suggest products or services that I believe will be helpful to my readers.