How To Make The Perfect Cup of Tea
From tea selection to tips and tricks…
As a Mom, I find myself wanting to really savor my alone moments. Don’t get me wrong, I honestly can’t get enough of T but there are moments that mark the beginning and the end of my day where I sneak away to the patio with a hot cup of coffee in the morning and a steaming mug of tea in the evening along with a book for twenty or thirty minutes of me-time. In the morning, I like to read my Daily Devotionals and in the evening, I usually have whichever book I am currently reading. I alter my regular books, one fiction, one faith, one biography and around again. I treasure these little moments and so I have attempted to perfect them. This post is about the perfect cup of tea.
Which Tea Should You Be Drinking?
There has been a lot of attention from the medical world about tea. Recent studies have shown countless health benefits of white, black green and oolong teas.
Here is the deal to the best of my understanding…
- Green Tea: Loaded with these lovely antioxidants called catechins which fight cell damage. Improves blood flow. Good for your memory. May help with weight loss. Finally, studies are starting to show that green tea may destroy cancer cells and perhaps even prevent cancer. (learn more from WebMD here)
- Black Tea: Has lots of caffeine. Gives you energy. Loaded with amazing antioxidants called Polyphenols which protect your cells from DNA damage. Some studies show a lower chance of developing ovarian cancer in Black Tea drinkers. Drinking it regularly may reduce your risk of diabetes, high cholesterol, kidney stones and Parkinson’s Disease. Long-term tea drinkers may experience protection from Osteoporosis and Lung Cancer. (Learn more about Black Tea Benefits from WebMD here)
- White Tea: One study shows that White Tea has the most potent anticancer properties. (learn more from WebMD here)
- Oolong Tea: A recent study shows Oolong tea reduces your levels of bad cholesterol. (learn more from WebMD here)
I am all about loving my body so I forgo the herbal teas and stick with these super teas. I am addicted to Stash Teas. I do have an absolute favorite.
I love the flavor and the smell of this white peach oolong tea and I am confident you will too. I also adore the Stash Fusion Red White and Blueberry Tea. My favorite Green Tea, Premium Green Tea from Stash again.
How Long Should You Steep Your Tea?
In my efforts to create the ultimate health-giving, delicious cup of tea I learned that steep time does matter as well as the temp of the water. Here is what I have learned and I have this on a post-it next to my tea stash so I always get it right. Here is my cheat sheet 🙂
Tips For The Perfect Cup Of Tea
- Always pour the boiling water over the tea bag. Don’t put the tea bag in after you have poured the water.
- Always use fresh water.
- Never ever squeeze your tea bags.
- Cover your cup while it steeps. I use the saucer.
- Make it yours – add honey, a slice of lemon or a slice of orange, or cream.
It’s all about what tastes best to you.
My point in this post is to let you know that moments of relaxation await you. You deserve some me time and some tea time. It’s good for you, mind, body and spirit.
Do you have a favorite tea? Tell me! I’d love to hear about it in the comments section below. Thanks for stopping by, Geez, Gwen!
Thanks for visiting Geez, Gwen today! We are so glad you found us! We are not believers in coincidence so we are confident you are here for a reason! Perhaps we can offer you tasty recipes? Maybe our inspirational quotes are just what you need in your life! Perhaps you’ve been wondering where to take that family vacation? Maybe you want to know the truth about what us homeschoolers really do all day! Maybe you love photography and see it as an art, just like me! Whatever it is, it’s clearly Destiny at its finest! Don’t let this opening door of opportunity slam shut! Run through by subscribing to our newsletter ?