Top 10 Videos of People Being Beautiful, Kind and Creative
Today, we hear a lot about all the evil in the world. All the bad guys make the headlines. It is important to me that as I teach my son I find as many examples of people being beautiful as possible and share them with T. The truth is that evil is out there. The greater truth is that goodness, mercy, beauty and kindness are everywhere out there too. They just don’t make the headlines as much. They rarely get much air time. While we as parents can’t do much about what the media deems “ratings worthy” we can decide that in our homes our children will be exposed to as many people being beautiful as possible. Our hope is that they will be inspired to join them.
1. Shadow Dancers Tell A Beautiful and Touching Story – Performed to Redeemed by Big Daddy Weave. I love this! It delivers an amazing message and it is beautiful to see.
Psalm 149:3 Let them praise his name with dancing, making melody to him with tambourine and lyre!
2. Joe Castillo Sand Art – For Christmas this past year I took T and my Mom to see Joe Castillo live. You probably remember him from America’s Got Talent. What a moving experience. Watching him tell stories in the sand is amazing and I want T to think outside the box. People are always coming up with unique and new ways to express themselves or tell great stories. He can too. Mr. Castillo did not only tell us stories through his sand art but he stopped to minister to us too. It was a great way to bring to life the pages of the bible. Unique and wonderful. Prepare to be amazed…
James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.
3. Random Acts of Kindness: This is an older one but I love it anyway. While it’s easy to remember we have to teach Math, Science, English and the rest, it’s even more important that we keep Kindness on the list. Kindness matters. Kindness changes the world, transforms hearts, and inspires us all and it is accomplished in so many ways.
Colossians 3:12 Put on then, as God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience.
4. There is a message out there that tries to have the world believing that being successful makes you happy. I have known many successful people who were simply not happy. It is actually being happy that makes you successful and makes you beautiful too. I want T to know this and live this. I subscribe to SoulPancake on YouTube and they have countless videos worth watching! Here is one of them – The Science of Happiness.
Ecclesiastes 3:12 I perceived that there is nothing better for them than to be joyful and to do good as long as they live.
5. Paying it Forward – This is a story about a man that goes out everyday to help people broken down on the side of highway. Many years ago he was saved and he has been paying it forward ever since. We have received so much compassion and help along the way and that is one of the reasons we continue to donate to the hospital. We have never forgotten when help arrived when we needed it most. Paying it forward should not be so much a lesson as a way of life and this man is living it right.
Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Philippians 2:4
Want More? See Part Two Here