Top Five Christmas Sweets and Treats To Try With Your Kids
Christmas Recipes Worth Baking!
One of the best parts of every holiday gathering is the food. I love trying new things. Last Christmas I went cookie crazy trying all kinds of new recipes. Some were great, like the white chocolate raspberry cookies we made. Some were a huge let down like the hot cocoa cookies. Cute but boring. But the experimenting is part of the fun. So this year I have a collection of fun Christmas treats we will be making. We will be trying at least one a week from now until Christmas! I will update with results.
** This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.**
Well, in Whoville they say – that the Grinch’s small heart grew three sizes that day. And then – the true meaning of Christmas came through, and the Grinch found the strength of *ten* Grinches, plus two!~ Dr. Suess
1. One of my favorite Christmas traditions is watching The Grinch Who Stole Christmas. When his heart grows 3 sizes too big, mine busts! I love that movie and I watch it every year. T claims we have watched it too many times! Gasp! I am not above bribery. Hence, number one….
*Update:We Made The Grinch Popcorn and it was awesome! See how it went here.
What goes with a movie night better than popcorn? It can’t be said enough … I love popcorn. It is so delicious. I am a popcorn purist. All I need is a little bit of butter and salt, and I am set. My family, however, likes the sweet popcorn.
2. Could these be any cuter? I think not! These are going to be in our stash as well as our share pile this year!
Update: These were a huge hit and so easy to make!
You know that excited feeling you get when you walk down the Christmas aisle and it’s Just. So. Sparkly. You just want to buy everything? (It can’t just be me who feels that way?)
3. I am a big fan of dipping things into chocolate. See my Oreo Balls Recipe! These are too cute and look so delicious!
Save Little Boy #1 found this cute little Chocolate Covered Strawberry Christmas Tree project in his Clubhouse magazine this month. He begged to make them, and even though I knew I would be cleaning ground up sprinkles out of the my kitchen tile grout until next Christmas, I gave in because, well…
4. These were a Christmas must have in our home. Carrying on the tradition….
These simple peanut butter cookies topped with a Hershey’s kiss are a classic Christmas treat in many American households. This recipe comes from test kitchen director Farideh Sadeghin, who grew up making them each year with her mother and sister.
5. I have seen several variations of Magic Bars but check out these beauties! Can not wait to try them!
Update: They do not exaggerate when they use the word bliss! Love them!
I love Cranberry Bliss Bars. Actually anything with white chocolate and cranberries I’m bound to like. And because I have a longstanding obsession with Seven Layer Bars or Magic Bars as they’re sometimes called, marrying two favorite bars into one had to happen.
“Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas.”~ Peg Bracken
So there we have them. Do you have a favorite Christmas treat? Inspire me! Share down below in the comments. We love to hear from you. Especially when you are offering up suggestions on treats! Merry Christmas!
Other Christmas Posts For You
- Feliz Naughty Dog – Make Your Pet Your Christmas Card
- Good Christmas Bible Verses For Christmas Cards
- Christmas Countdown Advent Ideas Kit
- The Big Christmas Movies Worth Watching List
- Top Four Christmas Cookie Recipes
- Fun and Tasty Themed Halloween Treats and Snacks
- Educational Trips To Keep Your Family Learning All Year Long
- Really Cute Halloween Costumes You Can Get Fast
- Fall Crockpot Recipes – Easy Slow Cooker Meals
- Top Fifteen Unique Halloween Costume Ideas for Kids
Thanks for visiting Geez, Gwen today! We are so glad you found us! We are not believers in coincidence so we are confident you are here for a reason! Perhaps we can offer you tasty recipes? Maybe our inspirational quotes are just what you need in your life! Perhaps you’ve been wondering where to take that family vacation? Maybe you want to know the truth about what us homeschoolers really do all day! Maybe you love photography and see it as an art, just like me! Whatever it is, it’s clearly Destiny at its finest! Don’t let this opening door of opportunity slam shut! Run through by subscribing to our newsletter.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Some posts on this blog contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission whenever a product is purchased through these links. Occasionally I receive products in exchange for a review or giveaway post. The owner of this website, is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking http://geezgwen.com to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com. However, all opinions expressed on Geez Gwen are solely my own, and I only suggest products or services that I believe will be helpful to my readers.