Top Five Christmas Sweets and Treats To Try
Christmas Recipes Worth Baking!
One of the best parts of every holiday gathering is the food. I love trying new things. Last Christmas I went cookie crazy trying all kinds of new recipes. Some were great, like the white chocolate raspberry cookies we made. Some were a huge let down like the hot cocoa cookies. Cute but boring. But the experimenting is part of the fun. So this year I have a collection of fun Christmas treats we will be making. We will be trying at least one a week from now until Christmas! I will update with results.
Well, in Whoville they say – that the Grinch’s small heart grew three sizes that day. And then – the true meaning of Christmas came through, and the Grinch found the strength of *ten* Grinches, plus two! ~ Dr. Suess
1. One of my favorite Christmas traditions is watching The Grinch Who Stole Christmas. When his heart grows 3 sizes too big, mine busts! I love that movie and I watch it every year. T claims we have watched it too many times! Gasp! I am not above bribery. Hence, number one….
*Update:We Made The Grinch Popcorn and it was awesome! See how it went here.
2. Could these be any cuter? I think not! These are going to be in our stash as well as our share pile this year!
Update: These were a huge hit and so easy to make!
3. I am a big fan of dipping things into chocolate. See my Oreo Balls Recipe! These are too cute and look so delicious!
4. These were a Christmas must have in our home. Carrying on the tradition….
These simple peanut butter cookies topped with a Hershey’s kiss are a classic Christmas treat in many American households. This recipe comes from test kitchen director Farideh Sadeghin, who grew up making them each year with her mother and sister.
5. I have seen several variations of Magic Bars but check out these beauties! Can not wait to try them!
Update: They do not exaggerate when they use the word bliss! Love them!
I love Cranberry Bliss Bars. Actually anything with white chocolate and cranberries I’m bound to like. And because I have a longstanding obsession with Seven Layer Bars or Magic Bars as they’re sometimes called, marrying two favorite bars into one had to happen.
“Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas.” ~ Peg Bracken
So there we have them. Do you have a favorite Christmas treat? Inspire me! Share down below in the comments. We love to hear from you. Especially when you are offering up suggestions on treats! Merry Christmas!