Kid Friendly Christmas Projects and Plans
The closer we get to Christmas, the harder it becomes to maintain T’s focus on schoolwork. For this reason I have learned to include a lot more hands on learning to our December curriculum. Here are five of my favorites that hopefully, will keep him in his seat.
1. I absolutely love this Christmas Kindness Advent Calendar. Every day includes an idea on how to spread random acts of Christmas Kindness. It is already printed and ready.
2. We need an art project and I have an idea I am going to share a post about if and only if we are able to make a success of it. That said, these snowmen are adorable and look quit simple. These are a for sure. T will be able to give these as gifts to his Grandparents.
3. T is an awesome photographer. I am going to give him assignment to shoot Porthos our Beagle and/or India our cat and design a Christmas Card. For his inspiration…
4. We are big time into STEAM learning so I was so excited to find this Steam Advent Calendar. The projects cover a wide age range and many are too young for my student but there is something for everyone. I will let him check them out and see what he picks.
5. It’s important to me that T knows how to cook. I have slowly been easing him into the kitchen and am happy to report that he can now make a Calzone that puts mine to shame. This month, instead of choosing a dish for him to learn I am going to let him choose a recipe. I am confident it will be a sweet. Therefore, here is my inspiration.
So there are our Top 5 Fun Christmas Project and Plans! We are going to have a blast! Do you have a favorite way to spend time teaching or playing with your child this time of year? Of course you do 🙂 Share in the comments below. We love to hear from you!
This blog post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission whenever a product is purchased through these links. Occasionally I receive products in exchange for a review or giveaway post. However, all opinions expressed on Mrs. Cool’s Little School are solely my own, and I only suggest products or services that I believe will be helpful to my readers.