Two Can Keep A Secret By Karen McManus
I feel like I should join Karen McManus’s fan club. I absolutely love her writing. She really has so much talent in laying out a really great mystery! It’s a rare talent. She selflessly offers up her gift again with Two Can Keep A Secret. This book is another well-told mystery that will keep you turning page after page and diving down the wrong track time after time until the stunning yet thoroughly satisfying revelation of whodunit.
** This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.**
All of that, and then the very last line of the book sends a whole new set of shivers down your spine. She managed to save the best for last. I could never manage such well-timed restraint but again, that’s part of her gift.
So let’s talk about the book, shall we?
Meet The Characters of Two Can Keep A Secret
- Ellery and Ezra: These twins are new to the town of Echo Ridge but this is where their roots are. Coming from Hollywood to a small town proves to be a journey full of the most twisted and unexpected surprises.
- Malcolm: Younger brother to Declan (accused but never convicted of killing Lacey – Victim #2) Malcolm has grown up in a family torn apart by the accusations of what his brother may have done and the scrutiny is about to intensify.
- Brooke and Katrin: Best friends, uber-popular cheerleaders, full of school spirit and secrets.
- Sadie and Sarah: Sadie is the twin’s mother and she has been permanently damaged by the loss of her own twin – Sarah – Victim #1?
What I liked about Two Can Keep A Secret
I really liked the characters and I think you will too. They are typical teenagers often believing themselves to have everything figured out and also feeling quite invincible. I loved the pace of the book, the many plot twists, and the satisfying ending.
From The Jacket of Two Can Keep A Secret
Echo Ridge is small-town America. Ellery’s never been there, but she’s heard all about it. Her aunt went missing there at age seventeen. And only five years ago, a homecoming queen put the town on the map when she was killed. Now Ellery has to move there to live with a grandmother she barely knows.
The town is picture-perfect, but it’s hiding secrets. And before school even begins for Ellery, someone has declared open season on homecoming, promising to make it as dangerous as it was five years ago. Then, almost as if to prove it, another girl goes missing.
Ellery knows all about secrets. Her mother has them; her grandmother does too. And the longer she’s in Echo Ridge, the clearer it becomes that everyone there is hiding something. The thing is, secrets are dangerous–and most people aren’t good at keeping them. Which is why in Echo Ridge, it’s safest to keep your secrets to yourself.
About the Author of Two Can Keep A Secret – Karen McManus
Karen M. McManus is the #1 New York Times, USA Today, and international bestselling author of One of Us Is Lying, Two Can Keep a Secret, and One of Us Is Next. Her fourth novel, The Cousins, will publish in December 2020. Her work has been translated into more than 40 languages worldwide. Karen lives in Massachusetts and holds a master’s degree in Journalism from Northeastern University, which she mostly uses to draft fake news stories for her novels. Visit her site here.
Other Book Recommendations for You!
- Ink and Bone Book Review
- The Woman In The Window Book Review
- Then She Was Gone Book Review
- Where The Crawdad’s Sing Book Review
Thanks for visiting Geez, Gwen today! We are so glad you found us! We are not believers in coincidence so we are confident you are here for a reason! Perhaps we can offer you tasty recipes? Maybe our inspirational quotes are just what you need in your life! Perhaps you’ve been wondering where to take that family vacation? Maybe you want to know the truth about what us homeschoolers really do all day! Maybe you love photography and see it as an art, just like me! Whatever it is, it’s clearly Destiny at its finest! Don’t let this opening door of opportunity slam shut! Run through by subscribing to our newsletter.
Some posts on this blog contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission whenever a product is purchased through these links. Occasionally I receive products in exchange for a review or giveaway post. The owner of this website, is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking http://geezgwen.com to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com. However, all opinions expressed on Geez Gwen are solely my own, and I only suggest products or services that I believe will be helpful to my readers.
- Soft Food Diet – Satisfying Recipes From Soup to Dessert
- Building Healthy Relationships – Simple Ways To Focus On Your Partner
- Family Traditions – Creating Family Heirlooms That Tell A Powerful Story
- DIY Valentine’s Day Craft Ideas – Beautiful Heart-Shaped Upcycled Book Decorations
- The Best Homemade Chocolate Valentine’s Day Cookies
Also, check out this review of another Karen M. McManus Book Review – One of Us Is Lying